11-05-17, 01:59 AM   #1
mamamiakevin
A Kobold Labourer
Need the FrameStack off a screenshot, for Exorsus Raid Tools Notes

Hey guys

Title says it mostly: I'll give you a screenshot of my UI.
The green highlighted area is what I'm trying to get the /Framestack of, but for the life of me I can't figure out which exact framestack ID it is. Is it the one with the UIParent followed by a dot and then some numbers and letters? And if so, how do I enter that as a framestack ID (cuz as far as I know, dots aren't allowed as an ID.

So, bottom left: the Exorsus Raid tools Note I'm trying to get the Framestack off of, and top right: the /Framestack window.

11-05-17, 02:35 AM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Those random letters and numbers mean the frame does not have a global name and cannot be manipulated directly without manually editing the code that created it. In this case, it was made with UIParent as the parent (the main UI frame) or with no parent declared, which defaults to UIParent. If you knew something specific about the code, you could loop through UIParent to find it and then cache the object. You would have to dig through ERT to find where the frame is created either way.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need the FrameStack off a screenshot, for Exorsus Raid Tools Notes