07-08-18, 10:05 AM   #1
vecny.samotar
A Defias Bandit
adding the infos of verzieaddon for aky patch it is

would not add addon information for the patch version is the version like it is on the forge or wow ace? not everyone is playing offshoot so do not worry enough to find out which version of addon is for what patch. especially with older versions of addons
07-08-18, 12:44 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Or you include the wow version number in the addon version number so users know how recent an addon is. For example. 7.3.5.26972.x - where x is the reference for the specific change in the wow version.

Also, when you upload your addon you say what version it is compatible with, just switching to file info on the addon page will give you the information you need.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-09-18, 11:25 AM   #3
vecny.samotar
A Defias Bandit
so I wrote it because of a long time I returned to wow and I had the problem to find the addon version of the more accurate addon version and for the patch patch there is a specific addon version

P.S .: I apologize for the names when my English is weak so I use a translator and sometimes I become a bad copy to translate and do not copy the translation but the flood text I wrote
07-09-18, 02:17 PM   #4
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Or you include the wow version number in the addon version number so users know how recent an addon is. For example. 7.3.5.26972.x - where x is the reference for the specific change in the wow version.

Also, when you upload your addon you say what version it is compatible with, just switching to file info on the addon page will give you the information you need.
I like this a lot. i will probably do this on my fledgling addons.
07-10-18, 07:21 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by vecny.samotar View Post
so I wrote it because of a long time I returned to wow and I had the problem to find the addon version of the more accurate addon version and for the patch patch there is a specific addon version

P.S .: I apologize for the names when my English is weak so I use a translator and sometimes I become a bad copy to translate and do not copy the translation but the flood text I wrote

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were talking from the developer side of things. As a user, because there is no guarantee that the version numbers will be the same across all the addons created by multiple players. All you can do is look at the addon page and see when it was last updated and whether the addon creator notes which version of wow it was last written/tested on. Of course you could also try the latest dated version and see if it still works anyway, as sometimes an addon doesn't need changing every expansion or patch.

I hope that helps you solve your dilemma in someway. But, to force a versioning system onto all addons, the guys at Blizzard would have to put that in place. But as I said, being an old addon doesn't mean that it won't work.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-10-18, 03:41 PM   #6
vecny.samotar
A Defias Bandit
it would be completely in other files if a new column was added to write a patch so the table would look like this:
Code:
 File Name Version Patch Size Author Date
and at the current addon info it would look like this:

Code:
addon  name  Updated  Popular!  Patch:
by: author                      Version: 2.83
I'm sorry but better to write it in the text editor I do not know but in short, the first line above the Version would add information about Patch so the patch is the latest version of the addon.

since Word of Warcraft is the most widespread MMO game, so there are also many servers to deploy and these servers work on different patches so information about the version of the addon for the patch version of the specific version is enough

Last edited by vecny.samotar : 07-10-18 at 03:44 PM.
07-10-18, 04:04 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
All of the official servers work on the same patch/API.* This is an official fan site and we do not take that designation lightly. Private servers are not supported here. A column for WoW version is not needed for that reason.

*When Classic comes out, we are not certain which version of the API it will use. If it ends up being a different version of the API as the other servers, then a note on game version may be needed. But we're not even sure yet if Classic will have addons enabled at all.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » adding the infos of verzieaddon for aky patch it is