10-14-10, 09:54 PM   #1
Louisa Bannon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Exclamation 4.001 Beta Latency and FPS rate

First, this a great add-on and for which I am hugely grateful to the developers. Thank you and please keep up the good work. I am a user of only three months time, but I love the functionality that Carbonite brings to WoW. As soon as I am able I intend to make a donation of $15-20 to compensate the developers for their valuable time. I heartily recommend that everyone that is able to make such a contribution do so ASAP.

With the beta DLed tonight I am getting high latency and a terrible FPS rate. I tried turning stuff off while still keeping the map only to obtain the same result. Unchecking all of Carbonite gave me back low latency and high FPS. So once it's off entirely, WoW is fine.

The funny thing is that I really want WoW and Carbonite to get along.

Please let me know what more information I can provide to make this product shine again.

And thanks again.

10-14-10, 10:11 PM   #2
Nekonix
A Kobold Labourer
My girlfriend was also having some serious fps issues with this as well, but no error messages popped up.

10-14-10, 10:29 PM   #3
Joleet
A Murloc Raider
I'm having the same issue aswell, terrible lag, i have tried turning all other addons off, that didnt help, i reaaalllyy want to play with carbonite on, because im levelling another toon, and questing is so much better with carb.... wont be a prob wiht my 80, cos ill turn it off when raiding etc, but i have realised last cpl days, i dont enjoy questing without it...

i don't usually have any problems with lag, even with multiple addons on, or in really laggy situations...

if the problem could be resolved, or if there are any suggestions on getting better performance with carb on..

thanks

10-14-10, 11:11 PM   #4
Tak_667
A Defias Bandit
I'm not having any troubles at all from Carbonite. The frame issues have been the result of 4.0.1.

If you are having framerate issues with 4.0.1 have you gone into your graphics setting and checked Vertical sync? Makes a big difference. Seriously.

I'd like to see how many people with real issues are running in Windows. I was so relived when it just started working.

10-14-10, 11:20 PM   #5
Joleet
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tak_667 View Post
I'm not having any troubles at all from Carbonite. The frame issues have been the result of 4.0.1.

If you are having framerate issues with 4.0.1 have you gone into your graphics setting and checked Vertical sync? Makes a big difference. Seriously.

I'd like to see how many people with real issues are running in Windows. I was so relived when it just started working.
yeh, i have had some slight lag issues since the patch, but when carbonite is on, its really bad, if i turn it off it's fine, i will check your suggestion for sure, thanks, hopefully it helps..

i'm not on windows, i have a mac

edit: seems to be a little better for now, thanks for the suggestion!!, will see how it goes

Last edited by Joleet : 10-14-10 at 11:25 PM. Reason: update from suggestion

10-14-10, 11:25 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
With the beta DLed tonight I am getting high latency and a terrible FPS rate. I tried turning stuff off while still keeping the map only to obtain the same result. Unchecking all of Carbonite gave me back low latency and high FPS. So once it's off entirely, WoW is fine.
Many types of errors will repeat dozens of times a second, which would cause continuous lag.

Press ESC, click Interface, click Help and make sure "Display LUA errors" is checked, then log out and back in. Report any errors that appear.

10-14-10, 11:42 PM   #7
Joleet
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Many types of errors will repeat dozens of times a second, which would cause continuous lag.

Press ESC, click Interface, click Help and make sure "Display LUA errors" is checked, then log out and back in. Report any errors that appear.
Thank you!! So glad to have good support

on the error box that came up there were 2 (oops now 3 as im typing, do u want all of them?) pages:

page 1 (the count is still going up):

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22555: attempt to concatenate local 'des1' (a nil value)
Time: Fri Oct 15 16:34:53 2010
Count: 1589
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22555: in function `UpL1'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13374: in function `F'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23961: in function `OnU'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:2080: in function `NXOnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Locals: self = <table> {
OLE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22269
BQG = <table> {
}
M_ORW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:5720
ClC2 = <table> {
}
ClC1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:25985
M_OS3 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23602
CAT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:7919
BuM2 = <table> {
}
ReW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1874
WUF = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:17723
Add = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:15517
Upd = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14627
FiC4 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:17067
GOp = <table> {
}
M_ORAW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1904
CDI = 16
ShU1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:16366
SSM = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10081
CDC = 3
FiU = true
BSOM = <table> {
}
MeP = <table> {
}
Men = <table> {
}
WaM = <table> {
}
BSP = <table> {
}
M_OLQ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14864
BAT1 = <table> {
}
OUT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:16089
Lis = <table> {
}
Set = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8725
M_OA = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10077
OnW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:4234
BuP = <table> {
}
M_OSM = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1357
UpL1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22327
Win1 = <table> {
}
M_OSQ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23472
Ope1 = true
Wat1 = <table> {
}
OnT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13361
Up_ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13928
Ope = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:24408
}
Nx = <table> {
GGO = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:15638
Com1 = <table> {
}
SMT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:17292
prF = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:11175
Sli = <table> {
}
ToB = <table> {
}
CCW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:5441
OU__1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:11489
GICH1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3675
VERSIONFAV = 0.13
prt = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:5059
Soc = <table> {
}
prV = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3658
GPOI = <table> {
}
Loc = "enUS"
NXMapKeyScaleRestore = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1942
VERSIONINFO = 0.24
DOE1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:15090
SeQ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:20503
Opt = <table> {
}
Lis = <table> {
}
slC = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3444
AME = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:2616
VERSIONTRAVEL = 0.1
NXWatchKeyUseItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8535
NXMapKeyTogNormalMax = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\

it's also coming up with a message now, saying that addons are having errors and asking me to either disable or ignore (this message wasnt coming up earlier)

thanks

10-15-10, 12:01 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Joleet View Post
Thank you!! So glad to have good support

on the error box that came up there were 2 (oops now 3 as im typing, do u want all of them?) pages:

page 1 (the count is still going up):

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22555: attempt to concatenate local 'des1' (a nil value)
The first line of first error "Carbonite.lua:22555" is all I really need. The rest does not hurt.

I fixed the 22555 error a little while ago. Try Carbonite 4.0002 beta I just put on our website.

10-15-10, 02:00 AM   #9
Joleet
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The first line of first error "Carbonite.lua:22555" is all I really need. The rest does not hurt.

I fixed the 22555 error a little while ago. Try Carbonite 4.0002 beta I just put on our website.
great! thank you!

10-15-10, 04:04 AM   #10
Louisa Bannon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I wanted to follow the instructions above but I thought it would be smart to uninstall the earlier beta in favor of the latest beta first. With Carbonite 4.0003 I get the following errors:

------------------------------------

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6433: bad argument #1 to 'strfind' (string expected, got nil)
Time: 10/15/10 04:50:03
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `strfind'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6433: in function `RQL'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:9601: in function `ReQ1'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14565: in function `?'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23190: in function <Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23182>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = ": (%d+)/"
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"

------------------------------------

This version is more workable. The frame rate is up to 27+ and the latency may be just something on my system or connection. BUT, Carbonite is using far more memory than what I think I have seen before - approx. 8.5-12 MB variously. The spikes are probably LUA errors milling about in RAM???

The minimap nodes are pale blue too. Aren't they normally a golden dot?

Thanks again for the fine product.

Last edited by Louisa Bannon : 10-15-10 at 04:09 AM. Reason: new problem noted.

10-15-10, 04:20 AM   #11
dragonsheart
A Defias Bandit
Hello

I've downloaded and installed the beta gladen, but it does not work anyway. There is no quest objectives, the arrow does not move too well the mini does not. Does anyone have maybe a rat or a solution?
Anhören
Umschrift
Wörterbuch - Detaillierten Wörterbucheintrag anzeigen

10-15-10, 04:59 AM   #12
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by dragonsheart View Post
Hello

I've downloaded and installed the beta gladen, but it does not work anyway. There is no quest objectives, the arrow does not move too well the mini does not. Does anyone have maybe a rat or a solution?
Anhören
Umschrift
Wörterbuch - Detaillierten Wörterbucheintrag anzeigen
Please create a new thread for your bug. Please do not hijack an unrelated thread.

10-15-10, 05:10 AM   #13
oddtoddy
A Murloc Raider
Chiming in on the low FPS also. It drops my frames to 15, same as the last version. I can't figure out why.

10-15-10, 05:38 AM   #14
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by oddtoddy View Post
Chiming in on the low FPS also. It drops my frames to 15, same as the last version. I can't figure out why.
It is most likely due to errors happening the background have you disabled all other addons to show that it is carbonite?

If so, are you seeing any errors, if yes create a thread with that error and wait till it is fixxed.

If no please insure that under the Help section in your Interface Options you have checked the box "Display Lua Errors." If an error then shows up... post it... in a new thread.

10-15-10, 04:37 PM   #15
Louisa Bannon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Version .0004 fixes my installation of Carbonite. No LUA errors that I could see so I shut off the interface option that shows them. My latency and FPS rates are in a more acceptable range and all is well. The Carbonite addon is running at around 8.75-9.25 MB and quite stable.

Amazing!!!

Thanks so much for your hard work. I can't tell you what it means to me to have this tool working again.

Off to Silithus...

10-15-10, 05:38 PM   #16
Louisa Bannon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Okay, maybe I'm an idiot. How do I enable the quest dots on the main Carbonite map? I don't see any and that's one of the main functions for which I love Carbonite.

10-15-10, 05:53 PM   #17
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Okay, maybe I'm an idiot. How do I enable the quest dots on the main Carbonite map? I don't see any and that's one of the main functions for which I love Carbonite.

Take a look at the Radio Buttons at the top of the Carbonite Quest Tracker. The tooltips will show you the way

*There's also a little known great resource to be found in the main Carb directory. A file named CarboniteReadMe.txt Holds a wealth of information.

10-15-10, 06:10 PM   #18
Louisa Bannon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You replied too quickly for me to delete my admission of idiocy. So now the whole world will know that I can't keep myself from playing with the radio buttons and then not knowing what I did or how I messed stuff up.

Thanks for your kind and speedy reply.

10-15-10, 08:31 PM   #19
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You certainly aren't the first nor the last that has played with those buttons and forgotten to set them back or look to them again. Just like the ability to "Auto Track" that does not persist through each session or toon hop. Someone will always ask about it

10-15-10, 11:30 PM   #20
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Version .0004 fixes my installation of Carbonite. No LUA errors that I could see so I shut off the interface option that shows them.
Don't turn it off. It is fine to always have it on.

If off, then the next error you get will not be show to you and some part of some addon will silently stop working. If the error repeats rapidly like many do, then your FPS will suffer and you'll be sitting there wondering why.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 4.001 Beta Latency and FPS rate