01-22-14, 06:39 AM   #1
Sylen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Change Position of Battleground Alerts

Hey, i more or less patched some code together to move the RaidWarningFrame and the RaidBossEmoteFrame and also change font / size on these.

Code:
--- copy in macro for testing purpose: 
--/run RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidWarningFrame, "This is a raid warning message!", { r = 0, g = 1, b = 0 })
--/run RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidBossEmoteFrame, "This is a boss emote message!", { r = 0, g = 1, b = 0 })

--- Change font of raid warning/raid emote; changes every font that uses GameFontNormalHuge :(
local font, size, attrib, color = "Interface\\AddOns\\Media\\pixel.TTF", 6, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME", {1,1,1} --{r,g,b} ---"Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF"
GameFontNormalHuge:SetFont(font,size,attrib)
GameFontNormalHuge:SetTextColor(unpack(color))

RaidWarningFrame.timings.RAID_NOTICE_MIN_HEIGHT = size	---makes sure that size can be <20
RaidBossEmoteFrame.timings.RAID_NOTICE_MIN_HEIGHT = size	

--move raid warning
RaidWarningFrame:ClearAllPoints() 
RaidWarningFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, 250)

--move boss emote
RaidBossEmoteFrame:ClearAllPoints() 
RaidBossEmoteFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, 225)
The original purpose of this was to resize/change font of the battleground messages e.g "Horde has taken the farm". Nevertheless it appears that these messages aren't filtered in the RaidWarningFrame as i thought they would.
I did some research and tried to find the right Frame for it but so far i just found the chatmessages.
  • CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_ALLIANCE ---Fired for alliance specific events in the battleground such as assaulting a graveyard.
    CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_HORDE ---Fired for horde specific events in the battleground such as assaulting a graveyard.
    CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_NEUTRAL ---Fired for non faction specific events in the battlegrounds such as the battle start announcement.
    PLAYER_PVP_KILLS_CHANGED ---Fired when you slay another player

Also wanted to change the font/size of the message that appears when you kill someone "HK:Colonel" but can;t find a way to change this either.

Someone got any ideas? Is this even possible what i want to do?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Change Position of Battleground Alerts