07-17-14, 10:53 PM   #1
Danielps1
oBar Actionbar repositioning

Hello,

Im using an Addon called oBar which I love a lot, put it's lacking some simple repositioning configs. Now I wanted to do that myself manually. But I have really limited knowledge of LUA ...I can switch up numbers.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9450-oBar.html

I found this line

Code:
for _,f in next,{ MultiBarBottomLeft,MultiBarBottomRight,MultiBarLeft, MultiBarRight} 	do 	f:SetParent( MainMenuBar )	end
Which should mean if i understand it correctly. the actionbars 1,2 and 3 ( on the default layout) are somehow bound to the Bar 1...

I actually have no idea. If someone could help out, that would be great.
I love this Addon since its very lightweight and works good with rActionButtonStyler don't want to give it up
07-18-14, 04:36 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The line you posted has nothing to do with positioning. You want to look for lines that include a call to the bar's SetPoint method. It should look like this:

SOME_BAR:SetPoint("BOTTOM", OTHER_BAR", "TOP", 0, 20)

This attaches the BOTTOM point (middle of the bottom edge) of the SOME_BAR object to the TOP point (middle of the top edge) of the OTHER_BAR object, with no horizontal offset, and a 20px vertical offset, so there is 20px between the two bars.

The positioning could also be done relative to the whole screen, rather than to another bar:

SOME_BAR:SetPoint("BOTTOM", 0, 100)

This will (assuming the default parent) attach the bottom of the SOME_BAR object to the bottom of the screen, then shift it 0px horizontally (so it stays centered) and 100px vertically (so there's a gap).

If you find the SetPoint lines but can't figure out how to edit them, post the lines, a screenshot of what the bars look like now, and a description (or MS Paint drawing on the screenshot) telling us where you want to move the bars.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » oBar Actionbar repositioning