05-09-09, 02:31 AM   #1
srtzero
A Murloc Raider

Pet feed icon

Well i searched the forums and could not find a prior report on what I think is a bug in nui+. I am using the latest release version 3.1. It seems that nui incorrectly identifies the level of a hunter's pet happiness. It always shows a blinking yellow smiley icon and says that the pet is unhappy. No matter how many times you feed your pet nui does not update the happiness level or icon color and always shows in chat that your pet is unhappy and needs to be fed. I opened up the character screen and clicked on pet tab and it shows correctly there. So i am thinking this might be just a line of code that is not gathering the pet data correctly.

Update: Ok when I use Fizzwidget feed-o-matic Nui+ seems to work fine, but without Fizz nui+ seems to get stuck saying that my pet is permanetly unhappy.

Update 2: Ok. nevermind I uninstalled all my mods and cleared my WTF and cache folder. Reinstalled nui+ by itself and readded my other mods, minus fizz mod. Everything seems to be working fine. Doesn't seem to be an issue any more with incorrect pet happiness info and alerts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by srtzero : 05-09-09 at 03:15 AM. Reason: fixed issue

05-09-09, 04:14 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just curious.. why would you use the feed-o-matic addon when nUI already provides a similar feature? Unless you're like me and didn't notice that you can right click on the pet happiness icon and feed your pet that way. Seriously, it took me forever before I noticed you could do that in nUI rofl.

05-10-09, 12:48 AM   #3
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

only people that play hunters could and would implement a feature like that i was so overjoyed when i found that out :P

05-10-09, 08:30 AM   #4
srtzero
A Murloc Raider

Bingo Silenia. I didn't realize that nui provides that feature. I actually stumbled across it by accident. Once i found out that nui provides that function i reloaded everything and as my post from above states it fixed itself. So yeah like you i was completely unaware.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

05-10-09, 10:05 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by srtzero View Post
Bingo Silenia. I didn't realize that nui provides that feature. I actually stumbled across it by accident. Once i found out that nui provides that function i reloaded everything and as my post from above states it fixed itself. So yeah like you i was completely unaware.

Shhh... that's exactly how I found out too... from using the feed-o-matic addon and it causing a conflict with nUI with the pet never being happy.

If you repeat that to anyone, I will deny it!

05-10-09, 10:09 AM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by srtzero View Post
I didn't realize that nui provides that feature. I actually stumbled across it by accident.
Shhh, don't tell anyone.....I did the non manly thing and read the directions first

*yes I am one of those guys that believes all manufacturers include Destructions, not directions :P

05-10-09, 10:25 AM   #7
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Shhh, don't tell anyone.....I did the non manly thing and read the directions first

*yes I am one of those guys that believes all manufacturers include Destructions, not directions :P

omg... i m going to have to revoke your man card for reading the directions first

you would be surpirised at how much nUI actually does... its got all kinds of little goodies

05-10-09, 10:26 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I KNEW it! You're not real! Scott wrote you and you're one of those bots that posts here simply for entertainment.

/hopes you know I'm teasing

05-10-09, 10:26 AM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

lol, yes it does, that's why I had to read up on it

05-10-09, 10:32 AM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
you're one of those bots that posts here simply for entertainment.
LOL! Now the real question.....Is it for my entertainment or yours

*P.S Silenia, how the heck did you get the Sig to work with a tag back to nuiaddon.com? I originally copied the method from the Source files of your post, substituting your file location with mine, but all I managed was the http jargon showing as a sig, lol. Can't find the manual for how to do it either

And yes, I know you're just messing, I take very very very little in life without a large amount of sarcasm/humor. So much so my Wife wants to kill me daily due to my sense of humour, lol

05-10-09, 11:16 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ummm... are you sure it's the sense of humor that has her thinking that way?

~evil grin~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-10-09, 11:25 AM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Ummm... are you sure it's the sense of humor that has her thinking that way?

~evil grin~
Fairly certain....But I am a master at self delusion too

05-10-09, 02:47 PM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

LOL! Now the real question.....Is it for my entertainment or yours

*P.S Silenia, how the heck did you get the Sig to work with a tag back to nuiaddon.com? I originally copied the method from the Source files of your post, substituting your file location with mine, but all I managed was the http jargon showing as a sig, lol. Can't find the manual for how to do it either

And yes, I know you're just messing, I take very very very little in life without a large amount of sarcasm/humor. So much so my Wife wants to kill me daily due to my sense of humour, lol
Erm.. only Scott knows the answer to that. He wrote you, after all

I can't seem to make this code show when it's wrapped with the code tags in a post. Silly thing. Check the link below and scroll down to Images. It will give the proper code for a linked image.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

Notice the code for a linked image has three parts.
The beginning, which is where the image is linked to [http= and how it closes with a ]
The middle part is the image and where it's being direct linked from [OpenImageTag]addressToImageDotCom/image.png[/ClosingImageTag]
And the last bit to close link tag that was at the beginning [/ClosingLinkTag]

I can't put the real code tags in there, else it won't show up lol. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

05-10-09, 07:32 PM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

now to see if it worked......

*EDIT: Sweet! Thank you Silenia. I was trying to use the raw html from the web source and it wouldnt let me, didnt realize I needed to use the image tags

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Pet feed icon