09-02-08, 11:52 PM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Crystal UI: An Ode to Aion

This will be my suggestion/bug report/comment thread. Please list any problems or questions you have about the UI here.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fEternity.html

I have 2 resolutions available i can make more if needed. Right now i have a 1440x900 and a 1024x768.

09-03-08, 01:42 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Being that this is the feedback thread, heres some feedback.

**faints** Fantastic UI. Being that i recently lost my 19" monitor (weeps softly) im stuck using my back up that i was too lazy to throw out. Yay for laziness! This will fit the resolutions im at now perfectly. Wont get to test it fully till next week though.

Looking forward to it =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-03-08, 09:02 AM   #3
trebor147
A Murloc Raider
1280 * 1024 please

Hi there,

Just like to say I love the UI, think you have done a great job creating it. I would love it even more if there was a 1280 * 1080 resolution.

I know its your free time so I dont expect one but would be really great if you could make it.

/Robert.
09-03-08, 10:07 AM   #4
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Being that this is the feedback thread, heres some feedback.

**faints** Fantastic UI. Being that i recently lost my 19" monitor (weeps softly) im stuck using my back up that i was too lazy to throw out. Yay for laziness! This will fit the resolutions im at now perfectly. Wont get to test it fully till next week though.

Looking forward to it =)
I appreciate the feedback. Sorry to hear about your monitor that just sucks. I dunno what id do with out my shiney widescreen . Let me know what you think when you can test it!

Hi there,

Just like to say I love the UI, think you have done a great job creating it. I would love it even more if there was a 1280 * 1080 resolution.

I know its your free time so I dont expect one but would be really great if you could make it.

/Robert.
ill get on that as soon as i can. Shouldnt take very long its very close to the original resolution. Ill post here when its done.

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-03-08 at 09:44 PM.
09-03-08, 09:47 PM   #5
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's not how copyright works. If you create an original work of art (or music, or code, or poetry, or anything else) it's automatically copyrighted with all rights reserved. This means that unless otherwise stated, all artwork is copyrighted and you cannot legally redistribute it - in whole or in part, altered or unaltered - without permission. Not the other way around. There are many online resources about copyright with human-readable information (as opposed to "legalese"); I suggest you use Google to find them and educate yourself.
I suggest you look around on this site and pick out other interfaces that carry the same issues, because I know I can think of more than one. It's never been a problem for anyone else, so why now?

As for your interface Elloria. I think it looks great. I played around with it way back in the day when i got the art from you, but I just couldn't make it look the way I wanted. Nice job.
09-03-08, 09:51 PM   #6
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by syrupk View Post
I suggest you look around on this site and pick out other interfaces that carry the same issues, because I know I can think of more than one. It's never been a problem for anyone else, so why now?

As for your interface Elloria. I think it looks great. I played around with it way back in the day when i got the art from you, but I just couldn't make it look the way I wanted. Nice job.

Thank you very much! We really need to put our heads together some day and make the ultimate ui lol. Hell i know it tho me and you would never finish :P we are too indicisive. Im gonna do a few quests tonight on the warrior but then ill get right on that other resolution!
09-03-08, 11:21 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by syrupk View Post
"Peter and John are breaking the law, so it's okay if Paul does it too!" No judge in any country in the world would consider that an excuse for breaking the law. My statement was in response to your ignorant statement that "if the creator didn't want people using his work without permission he should have said so", not about the use of graphics in this particular UI. In this particular case, it's rather unlikely that the unathorized use of graphics would ever become an issue, but your original statement, and your response, indicate an astounding level of willful ignorance, and your hostility toward a simple explanation of how copyright actually works is unnecessary.

Edit: Elloria, apologies for derailing your thread. The UI isn't my style, but it's very nicely done; keep up the good work.
09-03-08, 11:22 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Enough guys. If you want to debate copyright stuff, take it to a new thread in the chit chat forum. Let's not derail this thread, please and thank you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-05-08, 07:01 PM   #9
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by trebor147 View Post
Hi there,

/Robert.
Hey Sorry to say but sadly I do not have this resolution available to me. I should have looked before i said that i could. Would any other resolution be close enough for ya? I have a widescreen monitor so i dont have anything that is taller then the 900 height. Please let me know so i can get it done for ya
09-07-08, 05:07 AM   #10
trebor147
A Murloc Raider
Not to worry, I will have a play and see what I can do. I will post here when im done.

/Robert
09-07-08, 05:41 PM   #11
deadvelocitty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Firstly, I love the UI. I'm having just one problem. I don't see an XP bar, just the text. Perhaps it is something i did or didn't do correctly. Any ideas how i can get it to show up?

~DV
09-07-08, 05:49 PM   #12
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by deadvelocitty View Post
Firstly, I love the UI. I'm having just one problem. I don't see an XP bar, just the text. Perhaps it is something i did or didn't do correctly. Any ideas how i can get it to show up?

~DV

Can you show me a screenshot so we can see? I had the exp bar loaded when i packaged up the ui so it should be there. Its part of trinity bars
09-07-08, 05:56 PM   #13
deadvelocitty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for quick reply. Here is my current screen (click image to see full-size 1440-900)

~DV
09-07-08, 06:07 PM   #14
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Thanks for quick reply. Here is my current screen (click image to see full-size 1440-900)

~DV
Hmm im not really sure as to why its not showing. And now that i think about it i didnt use trinity's exp bar i used the exp bar that comes with discord unit frames. Do this

1. Type /duf
2. at the top of the menu make sure player is highlighted.
3. then go down the list on the left side and look for experience bar.
4. click on that and on the top right there should be a box that says hide...is it checked?....

maybe send me a screenie of the duf options screen for the exp bar.

Glad you sent in that screenie made me realize something wasnt aligned right (where it says ghost on your unit frame) fixing that now

Last edited by Elloria : 09-07-08 at 06:09 PM.
09-07-08, 06:19 PM   #15
deadvelocitty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok here is screen of /duf options for XPbar. the background shows (ie. disappears when i hide background) but no bar. tried several options but can't figure it out. i am kinda new at this UI stuff (and wow in general)

~DV

** EDIT ** figured it out. on the special tab, "track reputation instead" was checked. unchecked it and now XP is showing. this must have been a default setting cause i never went into duf options before now

Last edited by deadvelocitty : 09-07-08 at 06:21 PM.
09-07-08, 06:25 PM   #16
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

ok here is screen of /duf options for XPbar. the background shows (ie. disappears when i hide background) but no bar. tried several options but can't figure it out. i am kinda new at this UI stuff (and wow in general)

~DV

** EDIT ** figured it out. on the special tab, "track reputation instead" was checked. unchecked it and now XP is showing. this must have been a default setting cause i never went into duf options before now
Very Good glad you figured that out! Im fixing the text alignment issues right now so if you want to update it so that its correct ill have it up shortly. Is there anything you don't like about it? or that i could improve upon?
09-07-08, 06:29 PM   #17
deadvelocitty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Very Good glad you figured that out! Im fixing the text alignment issues right now so if you want to update it so that its correct ill have it up shortly. Is there anything you don't like about it? or that i could improve upon?
Well it may not be anything you can do but there is no options to buy bags slots in the bank.

Oh and the border around the minimap covers the rest of the UI. (ex. disable baggins and open your bags)

Still playing around with different things and discovering stuff. I'll let you know if i find any more

~DV
09-07-08, 06:38 PM   #18
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Well it may not be anything you can do but there is no options to buy bags slots in the bank.

Oh and the border around the minimap covers the rest of the UI. (ex. disable baggins and open your bags)

Still playing around with different things and discovering stuff. I'll let you know if i find any more

~DV
Thank you for checking on these for me. Ill fix the strata of the art on the right ...should fix the issue with the minimap area. For the bags you have to click on baggins on fubar....go down to where it says hide default bank and uncheck it...then you can buy bag slots and just revert back when your done.

Im noticing an issue with the debuff frame right now. Are the debuffs showing up over the mana bar for you or are they showing up underneath?
09-07-08, 06:45 PM   #19
deadvelocitty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Thank you for checking on these for me. Ill fix the strata of the art on the right ...should fix the issue with the minimap area. For the bags you have to click on baggins on fubar....go down to where it says hide default bank and uncheck it...then you can buy bag slots and just revert back when your done.

Im noticing an issue with the debuff frame right now. Are the debuffs showing up over the mana bar for you or are they showing up underneath?
cool that'll help. yeah the debuffs are showing up overlaying hp/mana right in the middle. trying to get a screen of it

~DV
09-07-08, 06:51 PM   #20
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

cool that'll help. yeah the debuffs are showing up overlaying hp/mana right in the middle. trying to get a screen of it

~DV
Discord seems to be a bit buggy. When i move the buffs around and then lock them and close duf...they move. Not sure why. So what i did was i laid them in the wrong position. When i close duf they move to where i actually wanted them. So i outsmarted duf haha! I fixed where it says Ghost or dead on your unit frame to go over the portrait so that is fixed as well. Same goes for the target dead/ghost frame.

oh and to add. With the map area im only able to lower the strata so it wont dig through the bags. But i can't have it behind the minimap buttons because they are part of the map. You can use fluid frames which i included and move your minimap buttons. once you do that it changes their strata to be above everything you can then move it where ever you want. I binded the letter "j" to fluid frames. Put your cursor over the minimap button and press j. once it is highlighted move it and then press j again but this time make sure its not over anything.

Just uploaded the fixed version. Your welcome to upgrade with it. I recommend browsing the duf options and getting to know them well. its really easy once you look it over. Just alot of options is all ty for your help

Last edited by Elloria : 09-07-08 at 07:05 PM. Reason: New upload

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Crystal UI: An Ode to Aion