10-27-22, 07:12 AM   #1
DreamsUnderStars
A Defias Bandit
Question Addon to extend edit mode?

So... the new ui has been given it's own hobbled Bartender. You can't make bars go invisible unless moused over or in combat. You can only reduce bars down to 6 buttons and 2 rows. Why? I dunno... Blizzard is just playing 'corrupt a wish' again. "We gave you Bartender, but it's only half as good!"

I was wondering could an addon hook into this function and make the bars go down to 1 row and up to just 1 button? I only want 4 buttons on a couple bars, but someone might like to have a bar with just one button...
10-27-22, 07:44 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As in you want a single button ?

Or a single row of x buttons or a single column of x buttons ?

The second edit mode already does that by choosing the number of buttons and whether its horizontal or vertical. I think the lowest is 2 from memory, although you could be right about 6 come to think of it as it doesn't make sense to shrink a 12 button bar down to 1 button.

As to hooking in with an addon.. hard to say. Some of the functions I was looking at to see if I could programmatically import a layout seemed to rely on information only they know rather than what can be extracted from the importable string of data. In the early days I also tried hooking in custom frames to be managed by edit mode but that didn't work either. But, I never considered altering their edit mode to work differently.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 10-27-22 at 07:47 AM.
10-27-22, 07:57 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Jumped in game quickly before the servers started going down and I see what you mean .. no mouseover visibility option and no less than 6 buttons on a bar which for say bar 8 you might want for say your profession icons or food/drink stuff and may not need a full bar for.

Maybe the limitations Blizzard still has means that Bartender still has use as an addon, if the developers decide to continue it.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon to extend edit mode?