10-30-22, 06:07 PM   #1
weltensturm
A Defias Bandit

Moving castbar spreads taint once player enters Edit Mode

I am writing an addon that tries to incorporate the cast bar into the player frame, and I would like to use the existing blizzard castbar instead of rolling my own. The problem appears when I try to SetPoint it.

It works well enough, but once the player enters Edit Mode, Taint spreads like crazy and at some point after I can't even press spells anymore. I suppose this happens if you SetPoint any of the user editable frames. Resizing works fine, though. Scaling probably not, but scaling children works fine.

I could work around this by just moving the children instead of the top frame, but the castbar is a StatusBar and moving the health texture directly wouldn't work because that would break its functionality.

Is there any way to move it without angering Edit Mode? I would also only move it when it's set to be attached to the player frame.

Here's what it looks like when it works:

10-31-22, 05:43 AM   #2
weltensturm
A Defias Bandit

Oh well I figured it out, you just have to reset it to default and tell the edit mode manager that no changes are pending when edit mode opens:

Code:
hooksecurefunc(EditModeManagerFrame, 'EnterEditMode', function()
    PlayerCastingBarFrame:ResetToDefaultPosition()
    EditModeManagerFrame:SetHasActiveChanges(false);
end)
Edit:

It's also necessary to call these on PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD

Last edited by weltensturm : 10-31-22 at 04:22 PM.
10-31-22, 10:04 AM   #3
hasnogaems
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Cool looking, nice design.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Moving castbar spreads taint once player enters Edit Mode