01-23-15, 12:53 AM   #1
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Wish List (Reasonable)

Okay, I know you already have a lot you're working on, but I keep thinking about the Quest Watch list and how I'd like to see it work and I finally just had to post about it.
  1. By default, dungeon quests should not appear in the watch list when not in the dungeon.
  2. When in a dungeon, the only quests that should appear in the watch list should be quests fulfilled in that dungeon.
  3. The threshold for number of suggested people in a party quest should be adjustable, and there should be an option to turn off all party quests, even if they only call for 2-3 people.
  4. There should be an option to not show quests from other continents, and an option to not show quests from other zones.
To me, these behaviors seem like how I would expect a quest watch list to behave, so I feel that they are reasonable requests. But of course I'm biased.
01-23-15, 01:28 AM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
So basically you want the option to only show quest that are for the zone or instance you are in and hide the others. Also to hide group/party quest unless you are in one.

Originally Posted by Palladia View Post
Okay, I know you already have a lot you're working on, but I keep thinking about the Quest Watch list and how I'd like to see it work and I finally just had to post about it.
  1. By default, dungeon quests should not appear in the watch list when not in the dungeon.
  2. When in a dungeon, the only quests that should appear in the watch list should be quests fulfilled in that dungeon.
  3. The threshold for number of suggested people in a party quest should be adjustable, and there should be an option to turn off all party quests, even if they only call for 2-3 people.
  4. There should be an option to not show quests from other continents, and an option to not show quests from other zones.
To me, these behaviors seem like how I would expect a quest watch list to behave, so I feel that they are reasonable requests. But of course I'm biased.
01-23-15, 02:02 AM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Palladia View Post
... and an option to not show quests from other zones.

... there should be an option to turn off all party quests

... and they works.

I u turn on "not to show quest from other zones" the behavior for dungeons will be that what u are describing in point 1 and 2.

Last edited by ircdirk : 01-23-15 at 08:27 AM.
01-23-15, 02:29 AM   #4
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

I think the Idea is Great,

if we can trigger Instance quests sepeartly (don't know if possible for the moment) to have a option for instances.
Because, If your questing everywhere you want to track some quests in other Zones but not Instance Quests as Palladia says if I Understand it right

Would say could be disscussed after Waypoint/Dungeon Lvl is fixed

Greetings Samyonair
\___________________________________________________
Carbonite Translation Team Member; Carbonite Forum Mod
01-24-15, 01:37 AM   #5
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
I u turn on "not to show quest from other zones" the behavior for dungeons will be that what u are describing in point 1 and 2.
I'm sorry. i admit I totally forgot that was there. I'll start using it from now on. But as samyonair said, when questing (especially in Draenor), you might want to see quests in other zones, but not instances. So I stick by some of my original post, if not all.

PS. I just went to Auchindoun with a heroic quest for Auchindoun. I set it to not show quests not in zone, and listed quests not in Auchindoun and didn't list the quest for Auchindoun. So yeah, that needs some work.

Last edited by Palladia : 01-24-15 at 02:46 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Wish List (Reasonable)