03-04-16, 05:35 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite Screen Shots

Hi, I am jeffy162, and I am a Carbonite user. You could ALMOST say addicted. To that end, I am starting this thread. Please post screen shots of your WoW with Carbonite installed. A brief description is suggested but not necessary. I'll start the ball rolling with a shot of my UI. Thanks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030416_103359.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	8697 The base addon is ElvUI with Masque_CB-Elv (a special edition of ClassButtons) and MinimapButtonFrame with a special ElvUI skin. Also some QoL addons. By-the-way, I PVE, mostly, having only 2 toons on a PVP server. I don't even raid or do dungeons. I have Window's 10, and have a problem with the graphics driver and it could crash at any time, so why put anyone else through that.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-05-16 at 07:52 PM.
03-05-16, 05:51 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

Hi Jeffy162,

You wrote:
Hi, I am jeffy162, and I am a Carbonite user. You could ALMOST say addicted. To that end, I am starting this thread. Please post screen shots of your WoW with Carbonite installed. A brief description is suggested but not necessary. I'll start the ball rolling with a shot of my UI. Thanks.
I'm not sure what you are hoping to get screen shots of. Are you hoping to see how other addons look as far as their "layout appearance" on the User Interface? Or, are you hoping to see different ways other Carbonite users "place/size/scale" their Carbonite maps?
03-05-16, 07:43 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, I am hoping to get screen shots of how other players position and size their Carbonite installation. I don't know why, exactly, but I just want to know.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
03-06-16, 12:58 AM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Hi Jeffy162,

Edited (Mar 16, 2016): My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Because I always had difficulty seeing almost anything on Blizzard's small mini map, I scaled my User Interface (UI) up to increase the size of their mini map. Of course everything else scaled up along with it and Blizzard offers no control of individual sections.

I have less "open space" to play in but, it's no problem for me since I usually play solo and don't really need to see party members' frames, etc. And, I also like being able to click on the larger icons in my Action Bars without having them so small that I click on the wrong ones by mistake. At least at my age, I can see them. grin.

Also, as you can see in the image, I use Zygor. Because it increases in height and sometimes width due to it having frequent quest info, sometimes with many more steps, its location is on the right side of my UI. That's why my Carbonite smaller-view map is on the left side. When I open Carbonite's larger-view map, there's room for it as well (where the smaller-view was), without covering up Zygor's frame.

My image won't win any art gallery awards. I merely took a screen shot where I was playing at the time.

I hope this is what you intended. If not, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen shot layout with Carbonite.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	8698  

Last edited by Kreelor : 03-06-16 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added screen resolution
03-06-16, 07:58 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
My image won't win any art gallery awards. I merely took a screen shot where I was playing at the time.
That's the idea. A "posed" screen shot is not what I'm really looking for. It's how the player sees his (or her) UI, including Carbonite, that I'm after. I would really rather not see screen shots of dungeons or raids, though. Too much going on there.

All that being said, Thanks Kreelor - you got it in one. By-the-way, you could put your UI back to normal size with just the addition of an action bar addon. I know that both Bartender4 and Dominos allows you to scale up the action bars. The only really big difference between the two is the set up of the addon. And Dominos has a Wiki, where Bartender doesn't, if you really have problems. Oh, and they both have Masque support also - if you are into that.

EDIT / The screen resolution on my 17.5" laptop is 1600 x 900. It doesn't often cause me trouble, but, there are those times..... / EDIT

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-06-16 at 09:05 AM.
03-06-16, 08:34 AM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

You mentioned:
By-the-way, you could put your UI back to normal size with just the addition of an action bar addon. I know that both Bartender4 and Dominos allows you to scale up the action bars.
The primary reason I increased my UI Scale is because it's the only way I could increase the size of Blizzard's mini map. Switching to a lower screen resolution (to make their mini map larger) is something I don't want to do. Thanks for your suggestions, though!
04-18-16, 06:25 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If all you wanted to do is increase the size of Blizzards Minimap, you could find an addon to do that. I know Sqeenix does this. I know because I used to use it, but, decided to combine the maps instead. I know that it is out-of-date, but, the last time I tried it (a couple of months ago.....) it still worked. Tekkub's addons are pretty good that way. Maybe you can go back to "regular" resolution that way.

04-18-16, 09:54 AM   #8
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I was using the Chinchilla Minimap because I didn't want to incorporate it in Carbonite but couldn't stand the default one. I'd suggest that you try it or one of the other minimap addons, that support scaling only for the minimap instead of scaling the whole UI for that.
04-19-16, 09:36 PM   #9
Kreelor
A Firelord

Hi. Thanks to both of you, jeffy162 and nelegalno2, for your suggestions. Actually, I believe I have become accustomed to my display as it is. Must be the countless hours staring at it! LOL.

I'm not sure that I want to install any more addons; I'm having enough troubles with the few I use now. I did visit the links each of you provided and looked at the images that the "Chinchilla Minimap" addon had and, I read the text about both of them . One of these days, I may just try them out. It was really nice of both of you to offer your suggestions. Thanks!
04-20-16, 06:38 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome Kreelor.

05-11-17, 10:08 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know that it has been quite a while since anybody has posted anything in this thread, but, I decided to update it (sort of). Here is a screenshot from before my computer fried in late August of last year (2016).

Posted with an old Acer Iconia A100 tablet (and I mean old, it was manufactured some time in 2012!!!!)

Anybody who uses ElvUI might recognize it. It's the same screenshot I use for my Masque_CB-Elv ... plug-in ... addon ... from the tukUI.org site.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060716_143637.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	8941  

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-17-17 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Punctuation correction.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Carbonite Screen Shots