11-05-18, 04:21 PM   #1
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Releasing a modified version of an older "addon"

Hi. At one point I was part of the old AI-Art team and I have been given permission specifically on the classic version for release. I know Quokka comes back every now and then, and I have sent him a message to get added to the curator team again. My question, is can I release an "AI-Art: WoW Classic", if I already have his permission within my own curator page without being added on as a curator to the original project?

The reason I ask, the original works have been abandoned, but I have permission specifically for the 1.12 files. If I have done work to make them work (which I did this weekend, still more to do) as long as I credit and have the permission can I not curate?

The original project is here: https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...48-AI-Art.html

For reference this is what I played last weekend:

Full album - https://imgur.com/a/ZJTDGUY

Example image -
11-06-18, 03:36 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
My question, is can I release an "AI-Art: WoW Classic", if I already have his permission within my own curator page without being added on as a curator to the original project?
If you have his permission to release AI-Art for Classic, then yes.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-18, 04:52 PM   #3
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Given those images are showing the talent trees and addons aren't by default enabled in the Classic demo, I'm not sure what you are using to create your version.

We have been told the the Classic UI API will be based on the current (BfA) systems so whatever work you've done may well not work with Classic live. On the other hand anything created in BfA should work in Classic when it goes live with exception to the changes in the bar/bag possibly some other frame layouts if you're just re-skinning the default UI.

Actually, the UI in the Classic demo is marked as version 70300

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 11-06-18 at 05:42 PM.
11-06-18, 09:55 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Classic uses the talent trees as they existed in Classic. And AI-Art is just graphic overrides.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-11-18, 07:02 AM   #5
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Given those images are showing the talent trees and addons aren't by default enabled in the Classic demo, I'm not sure what you are using to create your version.

We have been told the the Classic UI API will be based on the current (BfA) systems so whatever work you've done may well not work with Classic live. On the other hand anything created in BfA should work in Classic when it goes live with exception to the changes in the bar/bag possibly some other frame layouts if you're just re-skinning the default UI.

Actually, the UI in the Classic demo is marked as version 70300
Its a texture replacement. It also worked pretty flawlessly. Everything is installed directly into interface not addons. Also, the talent trees were very much on. You could use talent points from level 15-19 you just couldn't train or go anywhere other than the barrens or Westfall. The version I am creating, was used in the original release of AI-Art for BC many moons ago. I have gone through since Blizzcon enabled the demo and made sure to fix any issues I could see in that short amount of time. Those pictures are from 1.13, their demo. Its on the title screen shot I put in the album, I had a lot of images from screenshots which is why I showed one preview item, and linked the album:

While we were theorizing about how it worked and will work rofl, Ai-Art worked fine:

(had to edit out video link will do a proper youtube vid in a minute)

Last edited by eqsanctum : 11-11-18 at 07:13 AM.
11-11-18, 10:57 AM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was indeed a bit slow realising it is an art only addon, oops . Good luck.
11-12-18, 04:02 AM   #7
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
I was indeed a bit slow realising it is an art only addon, oops . Good luck.
Naw man it's all good. I can't tell you by the way, how many times I used DUF and DA Art. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have had fun for many many many game play sessions!

Update: Quokka made me a curator again, so in the future there will be a "Ai-Art: WoW Classic" for release!

Last edited by eqsanctum : 11-12-18 at 04:04 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Releasing a modified version of an older "addon"