07-01-10, 08:14 AM   #41
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In the code i just posted above check out the InitializeChatFrames() function, its the bulk of moving chat frames and saving their position.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
07-01-10, 08:42 AM   #42
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
we cant anymore make how large we want (on all screen to make a print screen for example) the chat window? after 5 years this game is still retard lol about some simple things
I haven't tried making my chat frame huge, but... Have you tried using the new resize handle in the bottom right corner? (You have to use that now to change the size.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-01-10, 08:49 AM   #43
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Grimsin, I've tried your setup code and it indeed appears to work.
07-01-10, 08:57 AM   #44
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Grimsin, I've tried your setup code and it indeed appears to work.
Yes, but how would I alter it to dock the info frame to the combat frame ?

07-01-10, 09:10 AM   #45
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
You don't dock to the combat frame. You dock to the general frame. They introduced a new Dock frame system which from my testing seems a bit incomplete but works great for the general frame.

If you hover the chat frames near the tab bar area of the chat frame area containing the general tab you should start seeing a small whitish line. This is the new DockManager widget. Now if you move the chat frame near any other chat frame not currently docked to the general frame and you won't see that widget appear.

Now, they have put in place a set of functions to create a new DockManager widget but at this time I haven't seen how you then get it to allow chat frames to dock with it. Most of the existing code hard codes to the GENERAL_CHAT_DOCK rather than use a passed variable to signify the DockManager frame to use.
07-01-10, 09:45 AM   #46
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

you can dock frames to other frames IE you can have a 2nd dock manager frame but i have not got that far yet

edit - just as Xrystal said lol.

note to Xry from what i was trying and looking at it would appear that somehow we can set a chatframe to be a dockmanager IE you could set the combatlog as the 2nd dockmanager i just have not figured out how yet or seen a function that does it... did you notice there are a few new files dealing with the chatframes in the bliz stuff? i have not looked over BNConversations.lua yet but it may have some useful functions for docking...

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 07-01-10 at 09:54 AM.
07-01-10, 09:46 AM   #47
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

ooh yea and if your just looking to combine the information from the info log to the combat log its as simple is hide the info log and turn all the info logs msgs on in the combat log.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
07-01-10, 09:48 AM   #48
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I haven't tried making my chat frame huge, but... Have you tried using the new resize handle in the bottom right corner? (You have to use that now to change the size.)
They are completely resizeable, note however that the re-size tab provided by bliz has a min/max on size and if you want to go below or above it must be done via lua code.

edit - hmm and if i understand xromania right what hes wanting to do is make the chat frame as big as the screen so he can get max stuff in and do a screen shot. this is silly imho... just do a chat log of some kind. dont screen shot a supersized chat window... but if one insisted the way to do this would be to write your self a little button that you could click that would clearallpoints on the chatframe you wanted then setallpoints to uiparent... then you would have this massive chatwindow that took up the whole screen. make sure to make your button have a 2nd click that then restores original size... that you can get to after the chat window is in the way ROFL

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 07-01-10 at 10:01 AM.
07-01-10, 09:50 AM   #49
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, the old chat frames were like that, too.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chat box not keeping position.