09-15-12, 11:26 AM   #1
Kadafu
A Murloc Raider
Daily Quest Viewer replacement

I'd really like to find a replacement for Daily Quest Viewer.

An addon that uses a (acecomm?) background global channel to communicate with other users of the add-on what the various dailies are. For instance, it'd be handy to know what the Shatt fishing daily is without having to go there - or barring that, when I go there, everyone else would know too. With the number of tradeskill dailies now, it would certainly save time if you knew what the various offerings were in different cities.

Same for the Firelands dailies and I assume with MoP, the random dailies available will increase too.
10-02-12, 09:51 AM   #2
Silvery-Corgan
A Murloc Raider
THIS might be the droid you're looking for!
10-02-12, 04:24 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since that linked addon is in the Outdated Mods category and was last updated in 2009, it's probably not the droid you're looking for...
11-11-12, 07:27 AM   #4
Kadafu
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Since that linked addon is in the Outdated Mods category and was last updated in 2009, it's probably not the droid you're looking for...
Indeed, that is not the droid I was looking for

I used DQT back in the day and DQV when it was working. I've still not found anything that even comes close to either of them for keeping track of what I've done (and what's available that day via Acecomm) on any particular day/character. I imagine the sheer number of dailies available now is daunting to any potential addon authors, sadly.
11-11-12, 07:34 AM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had thought about adding some communication capability to Wholly to "advertise" dailies as they are discovered. However, I had encountered a situation where toons were getting different dailies. And then it became worse with MoP because, I definitely know, for example, that the Cloud Serpent dailies can be different based on the current reputation a player has. Therefore, the situation is a little more complicated than just announcing the daily, but some extra information needs to be present. However, I still may contemplate it if I run out of normal tasks to do or there is such demand for it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Daily Quest Viewer replacement