11-01-09, 01:39 AM   #1
nessin
A Murloc Raider
Show/Hide an Action Bar via clickable button?

Is there a macro function or addon that allows you to setup an action bar that can be shown/hidden specifically via an action bar or bound key?
11-01-09, 03:27 AM   #2
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
dunno what action bar you're going to hide but here's how it can be done for default one
Code:
/script if SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_1 then SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_1=nil else SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_1 = true end
/script InterfaceOptions_UpdateMultiActionBars ()
SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_<1-4> is probably bottomleft, btmright, right, right2
11-01-09, 09:11 AM   #3
nessin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by d87 View Post
dunno what action bar you're going to hide but here's how it can be done for default one
Code:
/script if SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_1 then SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_1=nil else SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_1 = true end
/script InterfaceOptions_UpdateMultiActionBars ()
SHOW_MULTI_ACTIONBAR_<1-4> is probably bottomleft, btmright, right, right2
Mainly I'm just looking to keep 1 & 2 visiable at all times, as that is all I use for combat, and then the rest I can keep hidden on with controls to show them on the third bar so that I can store access to the buffs, professions, non-combat utility skills, so on and so forth. Basically keep my combat UI minimal and then show that I need when I need it when not in combat (as opposed to having everything shown when not in combat like I can do with Bartender4/Dominos)
11-01-09, 09:24 AM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

So are you wanting a) a button that will function as a macro/script that you can drag-&-drop into existing bars or b) a separate floating button that when pushed with hide or show the bar in question or c) only shown out of combat, on mouse-over?
11-01-09, 09:42 AM   #5
nessin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
So are you wanting a) a button that will function as a macro/script that you can drag-&-drop into existing bars or b) a separate floating button that when pushed with hide or show the bar in question or c) only shown out of combat, on mouse-over?
(A) or (B). Preferably (A), but I could easily work with (B).

Edit:
Actually, a better way to put it would be I'd like something like OPie, only with more direct access. I'd like the ability to add skills/items somewhere on the screen that I should show and hide at will. Hell, OPie would be perfect, except I can't move action items to my main bars (for example, moving my fishing skill to my main action bar 1 space for the keybind when I'm fishing), and OPie is a bit inefficient when you need to do a lot of repetitive motions (like putting up individual buffs). Plus OPie requires keybinds to open up rings, and my non-mouse hand keys are full up already.

Last edited by nessin : 11-02-09 at 05:15 PM.
11-02-09, 06:19 PM   #6
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I've not tested this, but why not have a blank bar in say dominos, and have it set to change to the one you want with the modifier key (like, on my paladin, I have a bar with the normal blessings on it and if I hold shift, it pages to a bar with the greater blessings on it). It'll take up 2 action bars that you can't use as a result, but might work for what you're trying to do rather than dealing with mouseover visibility.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Show/Hide an Action Bar via clickable button?