08-11-06, 10:39 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
(OT): Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge

Introducing the new Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge device, trade named:BOOK

BOOK is a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use, even a child can operate it.

Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere -- even sitting in an armchair by the fire yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM disc.

Here's how it works:

BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. The pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence.

Opaque Paper Technology (OPT) allows manufacturers to use both sides of the sheet, doubling the information density and cutting costs. Experts are divided on the prospects for further increases in information density; for now, BOOKS with more information simply use more pages.

Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet BOOK may be taken up at any time and used merely by opening it.

BOOK never crashes or requires rebooting, though like other display devices it can become unusable if dropped overboard. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward or backward as you wish. Many come with an "index" feature, which pin-points the exact location of any selected information for instant retrieval.

An optional "BOOKmark" accessory - a Manually Accessed Retrieval Knickknack (MARK) - allows you to open BOOK to the exact place you left it in a previous session even if the BOOK has been closed.

BOOKmarks fit universal design standards; thus, a single BOOKmark can be used in BOOKs by various manufacturers. Conversely, numerous BOOK markers can be used in a single BOOK if the user wants to store numerous views at once. The number is limited only by the number of pages in the BOOK.

You can also make personal notes next to BOOK text entries with an optional programming tool, the Portable Erasable Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Stylus (PENCILS).

Portable, durable, and affordable, BOOK is being hailed as a precursor of a new entertainment wave. Also, BOOK's appeal seems so certain that thousands of content creators have committed to the platform and investors are reportedly flocking. Look for a flood of new titles soon.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-10-10 at 05:11 PM.
10-24-06, 08:52 PM   #2
Osagasu_Jiyuu
A Cyclonian

Recently I bought a BOOK at a specialty store (conviently called a BOOK store). I loved it so much, I got another! And I keep a third and fourth in my car and my backpack!
Osagasu
Stream
Sondessa
Saphilna

That annoying troll from the WoW forums who honestly means well. T_T
10-24-06, 10:26 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I hear some of those "BOOKS" have a major design flaw... the medium they use to affix the words onto can cut your fingers at times when turning what I understand they call "pages".
10-25-06, 12:57 AM   #4
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Wow... Technology sure has come a long way these days... Hopefully it won't be too expensive to keep up with it.
10-25-06, 02:05 AM   #5
Arbiter
A Murloc Raider
Ehm am i the only one who fell for it ?:P i even tried to search the term in wikipedia...:P that's what happens when you read articles in the morning before having a nice cup of coffee :/

<-- owned
07-17-07, 12:04 PM   #6
Lopeppeppy
A Theradrim Guardian

I look forward to checking this one out, Cairenn!
07-17-07, 12:10 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Pep
I look forward to checking this one out, Cairenn!
why did you revive this dead thread?....

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-17-07, 12:27 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Eh, who cares - I hadn't seen it before and found it enjoyable.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-07, 01:16 PM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Occasionally such threads need to be dug up for their laugh value. I had a good chuckle reading this one.
07-17-07, 01:31 PM   #10
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Xinh
Occasionally such threads need to be dug up for their laugh value. I had a good chuckle reading this one.
That is perfectly true!

But what I wonder is: why isn't it a decent search engine compatible with such an high-tech item? Or even included in it? So boring to have searchs in linear time etc :/

Last edited by Layrajha : 07-17-07 at 01:36 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » (OT): Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge