09-08-08, 11:11 AM   #1
Thristin
A Defias Bandit
Mazzle UI too much for system?

I must admit, my laptop isn't nearly state of the art, and it's getting a little old. (got it way back in January!). So here is my dilemma. My settings are already as low as they can go, and with that I barely make 20fps. With Mazzle installed it lowers it from 5-7fps. Is there any way I can keep Mazzle without disabling all of the addons? I really like this UI and I want to keep it like it is, but the lag is killing my want to play.
09-08-08, 01:09 PM   #2
LightGuard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Thristin View Post
I must admit, my laptop isn't nearly state of the art, and it's getting a little old. (got it way back in January!). So here is my dilemma. My settings are already as low as they can go, and with that I barely make 20fps. With Mazzle installed it lowers it from 5-7fps. Is there any way I can keep Mazzle without disabling all of the addons? I really like this UI and I want to keep it like it is, but the lag is killing my want to play.
There are a lot of things that go into the speed and fps of the game. I'd actually be very surprised if Mazzle was the only culprit. Look for background processes (anti-virus, Windows Update, disk defrag etc) first. If that doesn't help you and you're not able to upgrade the computer (RAM first) then start looking getting latest drivers, then finally at the UI and the mods. Take out Mods you don't use, turn off the 3D models, use a lower resolution, etc.
09-17-08, 05:42 PM   #3
alenda
A Cliff Giant

The 3D models will barely make a difference in your fps. I got the same fps with zero addons as I got with MazzleUI on my old computer, topped out around 20fps, dipped down to 8 if I was in raid or Ironforge.

Bought a new computer this past Christmas with a ton of ram, dual processors, new vgc, the whole nine yards, shot up to 60fps, with lows of 40 in raid.
09-17-08, 06:57 PM   #4
Thristin
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, we actually ended up buying me a new computer.

Though I do have a new problem. I have a 17 Druid, and I am trying to do my quest for water form. when I accept the timed quest WoW locks up? Anyone know of an issue with that, or a fix? Not sure if it is all times quests or just that one.
09-20-08, 03:17 AM   #5
Raegormar
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question: Do you, by any chance, use questhelper? If so, disable it on that character prior to accepting the quest. After it you could enable it again.
09-20-08, 09:16 AM   #6
bananana
A Murloc Raider
it's really because of questhelper, disable it and you can do your timed quests again.
09-24-08, 10:09 AM   #7
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazzle really plays vary little on your fps or your internet speed. Your FPS is primarily dictated by your monitor, graphix card, motherboard and processor. I run at 70 fps if i look at a wall while in shat. if i turn around and look at everyone in front of the bank it drops down to the 50's. And yes i am using mazzle in all its glory

Some things to take a look at....

If you have a flat screen with onscreen menu's go threw them to see if there is a fps setting. usually rated in mhz's you want to of course put it as high as it will allow. One of my monitors allows for custom ones so i can actually get up to 72fps.

Is your G-cards fps up? most gcards restrict you to 60fps. Nvidia GT's and GTX's can support up to 72 or higher depending on other factors. The settings of course are in the Nvidia control panel.

Last but not lest.... the rest of your system. Is your motherboard as up to date as your gcard? got 2gigs of ram at lest? (note: more then 3 gigs of ram on xp is pointless xp dosnt support it) does the power pack you have pump out enough to truly power your gcard? If not wheres the power being sapped from? the gcard or somewhere else?

If your interested in what set up i have that runs such high fps, its as follows...

Abit Fatality AN9 motherboard with AMD AM2 64 x2 6400+ processor. 2 gigs of ram. SLI nvidia 7800GTX graphics cards. Tagan 900W PSU. 4 SATA2 HD's both wow and operating system on small drive. All liquid cooled.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle UI too much for system?