11-13-14, 01:01 AM   #1
strikerboy414
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SymLink Error

Is SymLink --> Class&Talent currently functioning? Every time I attempt to create this kind of symlink I get an error. Then the file disappears from the package and I have to go into lua file to delete the bugged link.
11-13-14, 01:16 PM   #2
Zipperton
A Defias Bandit
It works for me, but I had a similar problem when I created the symlink and didn't immediately set a valid file for each class. If you haven't premade all of the files, try just setting them all to system\bindings\default (or anything else really) and save it. That should stop it from bugging out while you work out what it should link to.
11-14-14, 02:17 AM   #3
strikerboy414
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zipperton View Post
It works for me, but I had a similar problem when I created the symlink and didn't immediately set a valid file for each class. If you haven't premade all of the files, try just setting them all to system\bindings\default (or anything else really) and save it. That should stop it from bugging out while you work out what it should link to.
I've inputted a file for each class&talent, yet I still get this error (see below). FYI I am intending to use this for dispel grid when on hybrid classes (Healer talents dispel 3x debuff types, while DPS talents dispel 2x, so it would be useful so I don't have to manually edit the files every time I switch specs).

I use symlink Talent&Name&Realm for bindings, but this symlink does not allow filtersets...

Code:
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\Miscs\Obj_SymLink.lua:343: attempt to call global 'GetActiveTalentGroup' (a nil value)

Stack trace:
-----------
(tail call): ?
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\ObjectDB.lua:78: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\ObjectDB.lua:73>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\ObjectDB.lua:571: in function `GetObjectData'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Raid\Bossmods\Obj_Bossmod.lua:283: in function `hsig'
Interface\AddOns\VFL\Core\DispatchTable.lua:119: in function `Dispatch'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\ObjectDB.lua:130: in function `NotifyUpdate'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\Miscs\Obj_SymLink.lua:81: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\Miscs\Obj_SymLink.lua:75>
11-14-14, 11:45 AM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
It s fixed in the coming version

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: Bug/Error Reports » SymLink Error