03-27-08, 06:07 PM   #1
shiin
A Fallenroot Satyr
Small utility addons

Hi,
I'm searching for some small utility addons. A friend of mine used to code them for him and his RL friends but since he has stopped playing more and more of them produce errors. I've found replacements for some of them but I'm also still looking for some other. The nice thing about his addons was that they didn't change the look of WoW but only added functionality. Here are the list of features I'm still looking for:

- Equipping a weapon in the off-hand slot / a ring or trinket in the second slot via CTRL-Right Clicking (or any other combination) on it in the bags
- Deleting an item in the bags with CTRL-Right Clicking on it (with the usal or less security questions)
- Deleting a mail in the mailbox with CTRL-Right Clicking on it (without opening)
- Retrieving the items/money of a single mail in the mailbos by SHIFT Clicking on it (without opening)
- Moving items from the bag into a trade window / mail window / auction house by ALT-Right Clicking on it (if the respective window is open)
- Showing guild names in the inspect window
- Storing all equipped weapons per keybinding (in the keybinding menu)
- Stopcasting per keybinding (in the keybinding menu)
- Showing/Hiding cloak and/or helm per keybinding (in the keybinding menu)

I hope somebody here knows of addons that can do this (or how to easily code them).
03-28-08, 11:42 AM   #2
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
- Equipping a weapon in the off-hand slot / a ring or trinket in the second slot via CTRL-Right Clicking (or any other combination) on it in the bags
Off hand hand equip can be done with macros (same with rings) and binding addon. for the trinket try trinket menu

- Retrieving the items/money of a single mail in the mailbos by SHIFT Clicking on it (without opening)
Can be done with a most mail addons, I use postal (not a shift click, but an open all/ open checked items)

- Moving items from the bag into a trade window / mail window / auction house by ALT-Right Clicking on it (if the respective window is open)
I believe this is now done within the UI but as a right click

- Storing all equipped weapons per keybinding (in the keybinding menu)
Can be done with a macro and binding addon

- Stopcasting per keybinding (in the keybinding menu)
This can be done with a macro and a binding addon like bindpad (found here)

Not sure on the rest, but most can probably be done with macros, check out wowwiki and the mods/ui forum on the worldofwarcraft.com for coding and api
03-28-08, 11:50 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by wildlandfire21 View Post
Can be done with a most mail addons, I use postal (not a shift click, but an open all/ open checked items)
Postal can do shift-click.

I believe this is now done within the UI but as a right click
I don't think it does all of those things... Mail, yes. But here's this: http://files.wowace.com/AltClickToAd...kToAddItem.zip
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-28-08, 12:24 PM   #4
shiin
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the tips, Postal and AltClickTo... work nicely.

@wildlandfire21:
I don't really understand your tip regarding off-hand items and rings. I know that I can make a macro like "\equip [inventory slot] [item name]" to equip something in any slot and then use the bindpad addon you suggested to keybind the macro. But how can I make the macro to use the item in my bag I'm currently hovering over and CTRL-Clicking?
The code for the AltClickTo... addon seems quite small. Maybe I'll forward it to my friend and ask him if he could look into it to add the other click abilities even so he doesn't play anymore.
03-28-08, 01:11 PM   #5
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Check out Nudist to remove all your equipment.

I know there is a simple addon out there for the helm/cloak toggle but I can't recall it atm.

For guild names in the inspect window... it doesn't do that already? Shows how long I've been using an addon for inspection, lol. <3 Examiner.

03-28-08, 01:42 PM   #6
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
I know there is a simple addon out there for the helm/cloak toggle but I can't recall it atm.

HatTrick
(making up space)
03-28-08, 07:07 PM   #7
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I should of kept scrolling down the list of Tekkub goodies, lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Small utility addons