06-22-11, 07:39 AM   #1
MagicSN
A Murloc Raider
Threat and Mirror Images

Hi!

I am looking for a really lightweight Threat addon in the style of "MyThreat" (which only shows a percentage and the name of the aggro holder, NOTHING ELSE! Especially no Bars or other UI Elements!)

The problem: MyThreat since the changes a while ago displays 0% when Mirror Images are active. Currently Omen is the only thing which handles this correctly (by using COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED and estimate the threat coming in using the damage). Added to this MyThreat does not handle Hunter+Rogue skills to give threat to the tank correctly, neither the priest skill to reduce threat.

Anybody could do such an addon or expand the existing MyThreat code (which is sort of simplistic, so easy to edit) to the method as done in Omen? Or Alternatively do a handmodified version of Omen+MyThreat were they "talk to each other" (currently the variable containing the threat-table for Omen is local, so the data cannot be accessed by a different addon).

The reason I do not want to use Omen is it's yet another UI stuff present with bars and stuff. But currently there is no other solution but to use it.

Would be great if somebody had a solution!

MagicSN
06-23-11, 07:57 AM   #2
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Omen guy here!

Technically, even though I could easily un-local the threat table, the table doesn't get updated at all unless Omen's UI is actually visible on screen (makes sense right?), so offering the data to another addon to display wouldn't really work.

So the solution is really still to have a tiny addon doing just what you want (ask MyThreat author to include it perhaps), or to have Omen only show exactly one bar (with the option "always show yourself"), along with hiding Omen's title bar.

Last edited by Xinhuan : 06-23-11 at 08:01 AM.
06-25-11, 04:22 PM   #3
MagicSN
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xinhuan View Post
Omen guy here!

Technically, even though I could easily un-local the threat table, the table doesn't get updated at all unless Omen's UI is actually visible on screen (makes sense right?), so offering the data to another addon to display wouldn't really work.

So the solution is really still to have a tiny addon doing just what you want (ask MyThreat author to include it perhaps), or to have Omen only show exactly one bar (with the option "always show yourself"), along with hiding Omen's title bar.
Ah I see. Thanks for the explanations.

Would it maybe be possible for a special mode (settable in options or such) for Omen in some future version where only the bar itselves (without UI surroundings and anything) be visible, to have just minimal UI Elements? Or is this unlikely? (I do not think the MyThreat author is "active" anymore, and all other "minimalistic threat addons" seem to not support Mirror Images as well).
06-28-11, 08:47 PM   #4
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unlikely to happen. As it is, you can already hide most of the visual elements surrounding the bars. You can hide the title bar, and you can already alter the thickness of the "bar container" border and even change the transparency and stuff to 0.
07-20-11, 01:10 AM   #5
MagicSN
A Murloc Raider
With the new version of BasicThreatBar the issue is a non-issue now. This addon is looking as minimalistic as I was looking for (just the name of aggro holder and aggro percentage) and supports Mirror Images since the latest version.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Threat and Mirror Images