08-23-16, 07:42 AM   #1
Thahila
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up [Idea] Counter for Random Guildinvites

Well, as the title states already, I'm looking for a addon to counter random Guild invitations.

My idea for it, is the following:
If random user X sends you an invitation to a guild, it sends an automatic response for example [You random invited me to a guild and didn't messaged me first/before, your invite will be ignored]

The response message should be customizable.

The reason why i would like to see such a addon is, to inform them, that they learn to change their friggin way of random inviting people, bothering people and not messaging them first, how it should be...

Thanks in regards for answers or a creator for it, its would be good i guess to have an alternative for these random inviter idiots...
08-23-16, 08:17 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A random whisper asking you to join a guild isn't really any less annoying than a random invite asking you to join a guild. I just block invites, and silently drop all guild-related whispers/messages into a black hole; I haven't seen one in years. Trying to educate guild spammers is pointless.
08-23-16, 08:35 AM   #3
Thahila
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
A random whisper asking you to join a guild isn't really any less annoying than a random invite asking you to join a guild. I just block invites, and silently drop all guild-related whispers/messages into a black hole; I haven't seen one in years. Trying to educate guild spammers is pointless.
I think, you misunderstood something as far as i understand your first sentence at least.
Well I'm looking for interesting guilds but, its just a pain in the ass if you get always these annoying guild invites and yeah i could do that, but why we can't get instead a counter addon for Super Guild invite etc. And even it's just responding something back, it's literally just fighting fire with fire.

If you dont fight it, it stays for ages or at least till it is outdated
08-23-16, 01:25 PM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Decliner, in my signature, blocks guild invites from strangers, among other actions. By default, it will allow people you whispered, group members, friends, and bnet friends, with options to change this. If you're interested in a guild and someone tries to invite you, just whisper them to try again and the block unlocks with your whisper, allowing them to invite you.

I would suggest not making an addon that allows guild invites after they whisper you. I've seen spam invites in the past where they have an addon that invites you immediately after a spam whisper.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 08-23-16 at 01:31 PM.
08-23-16, 02:05 PM   #5
Thahila
A Defias Bandit
thats the point, if they just spam something and dont socialize, theres no reason to join, but thats exactly what i prefer, but if they just random spam guild invites, they should get at least countered

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [Idea] Counter for Random Guildinvites