08-25-17, 01:48 PM   #21
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That sucks. I wish you the best, Ketho. Hope you come back at some point in the future.

08-25-17, 03:50 PM   #22
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
You won't be seeing me anymore on WoWInterface, Curse or MMO-Champion.

I've had enough of this bullshit. I quit. I haven't been playing this game for months anyway.
Quitting over some little kid is not the answer here bro, you have us the entire community behind you and to let one person change your life over their words doesn't give us a chance to stand up for you and help you through this. We are here for you and you have helped in the community so much. Leaving/quitting is not the answer. Are you gonna just let him do that to you? Run you off? You are better than this man.

08-25-17, 08:02 PM   #23
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Wow, what a delusional psycho...
Hate lowlifes like that, who go off the rails when someone "disrespects" them.
The world doesn't work by your prison rules, whacko. And after what you've done the only thing you deserve is contempt

08-26-17, 12:34 AM   #24
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Ketho,

Don't let this guy run you off from a community that wants you around.

08-26-17, 12:46 AM   #25
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
Yes, yes, I'm who go calling shit to the others, ok, ok. It's all clear.

08-26-17, 02:59 AM   #26
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

This is ridiculous. As a content creator, the first project you do is always going to be bad compared to those with years of experience. My first projects were awful and to some extent still are. I always receive harsh criticism and it makes me inspired to do better. I believe if you receive very brutal criticism then you can feel a bit saddened, but you should ask what exactly is wrong with your work and collect facts to help you improve.

I'm sorry to hear you have decided to leave the community after such a bad end like this.

08-26-17, 06:01 AM   #27
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Mayron View Post
I'm sorry to hear you have decided to leave the community after such a bad end like this.
The person who leaves and the person who's being criticised are two different people. o_O

08-26-17, 07:05 AM   #28
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yes, yes, I'm who go calling shit to the others, ok, ok. It's all clear.
Oh, so you're the real victim here? People called your piece of shit addon what it is and you're just going around innocently making real life threats? Surely that's an adequate response

And btw, name and server of your character is known, and Blizzard takes threats VERY seriously, so if you want to continue harassing people, better think again.

08-26-17, 07:16 AM   #29
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by d87 View Post
Oh, so you're the real victim here?
Yes. .

08-26-17, 08:02 AM   #30
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Mortimerlol View Post
Yes. .
No, you are not. You received a pretty overboard piece of criticism and went bonkers over it. Ketho did nothing wrong, your reaction is disgusting.

08-26-17, 08:58 AM   #31
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

What the fuck happened here (rhetorical question)

pls lock this thread, for the sake of everyone! thx

And have a nice day guys (free of harassment) ;D

08-26-17, 09:09 AM   #32
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

SECONDED! (Sheesh! Too short. 10 characters.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-26-17, 12:01 PM   #33
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

After reading all this I feel this public apology wasn't even warranted. You heavily criticized someone's work and they couldn't take it. Mort makes real life threats and gets banned and thinks you have any control over it. He/She obviously have no clue about the workings of the communities. Back to the real life threats though... Ketho, Mort is just throwing those threats around to get what he/she wants. In reality this person isn't and can't do anything to harm you. People that generally make these kinds of childish threats are in reality, children themselves. We'll give this person the benefit of the doubt and say they're not a child just someone with really childish behavior. I'd put money on it that even if you both were to meet in person that they'd be like the typical keyboard warrior and act like a totally friendly person due to the fact they can't physically harm anyone.

Moral of the story, if you cannot take both positive and negative criticism for your publication then you shouldn't be publishing your work. Get over it, grow up and move on.

Ketho, you're not going anywhere, end of story.

08-26-17, 02:12 PM   #34
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Moral of the story, if you cannot take both positive and negative criticism for your publication then you shouldn't be publishing your work. Get over it, grow up and move on.
Much people criticism about my work, ingame, discord, etc... and? Nothing. But say pile of shit without know nothing about it is so offensive and uneducated, for it I so angry. REPEAT AGAIN: call pile of shit the work of others is a very big disrespect. I never said anything bad until then.

08-26-17, 04:50 PM   #35
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
(Spanish)

Alright, I think this thread has run its course. It started out well, but isn't going anywhere productive any longer.

As a side note (to all reading, present and future)...

Everyone has the right to publish the addons they create - be them wonderful specimens of code or horrible amalgamations. Everyone has the right to ask questions to help with the learning process - in perfect or broken English, or just with what Google Translate gives them. Everyone has the right to offer criticism of these addons. Everyone has the right to accept or ignore said help or criticism.

But most importantly, everyone has to follow the site rules (of this, or any other site they are on).

When someone is rude with their criticism, that's plain rude and uncalled for. Depending on the site involved, it may be overlooked or it may be dealt with. When you are on the receiving end of rude criticism, you then have a choice of how you handle it. Of course you are allowed to feel hurt or disappointment. You are human. But you still have a choice to how you deal with it.

Following someone around the internet, harassing them, swearing at and offending all involved, believing that there is a conspiracy out to get you, and making threats about doxxing someone or harming them physically is absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

WoWInterface strives to be an open, welcoming place for all to come get help with creating and to discuss their favorite addons. It will remain that way. If anything like this should happen on our site - by ANYONE - it will not be tolerated. Overboard rudeness will be dealt with. Anything beyond that, the user will be banned. This thread is now closed. Let this be a lesson in etiquette.

(GD, I feel like I'm lecturing my students...)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 08-26-17 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added spanish translation

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Apology to Mortimerlol