10-17-07, 02:18 AM   #1
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOns Help.

How come I cannot use any other addons with this addon?

It's not making much sense to me, but when I use another mod like...
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/9445/
That UT 2004 Sound mod.

It never works. I cannot click on the MazzleUI icon, or do anything. Is there some reason why I cannot use a simple sound mod with your UI?

Please assist.

Also, I have to put my spells back on the actionbars EVERY time I change one mod, can I save a preset that MazzleUI will load when I tell it to so it saves me time?

There might be a tutorial out there for how to do all of this, but I find it easier for someone to tell me how it's done, not read how it's done.

Thanks.
10-17-07, 03:12 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Genetic Styles
There might be a tutorial out there for how to do all of this, but I find it easier for someone to tell me how it's done, not read how it's done.
Yeah, and most people with expertise in an area find it easier to write an answer down once and make it available to others, rather than to individually answer a thousand repetitive question over and over. That's why you see so many FAQs out there.

As for your UT sound thing, you should contact the authors of the add-on. I don't see any reason why it would be related.
10-17-07, 09:55 AM   #3
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's not happening JUST with the UT Sound mod.

It's happening with every single other AddOn I try to use that does not come with MazzleUI. Should I be also installing another AddOn manager like Khaos or something to manage the ones that are not included with MazzleUI?

I'm running out of ideas, and I read some tutorials, but like I said it's not really helping me on this matter.
10-17-07, 01:27 PM   #4
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

MazzleUI comes with an addon manager.
I'm running a lot of different addons that did not come with mazzle perfectly fine.
I use Omen, Violation, Recommended Zones, TTDRuid, and several others, which is also a reason I dont work on developing a patch for MazzleUI, just fixes for the default addons included.

It sounds to me one or more addons are failing, and the loading processes maybe halted.
Check your bugsack and list the errors you are recieving, cause just saying, it doesnt work, doesnt help.
If there are no errors, make sure at the character selection screen, the addon you added is checked (orange check mark), or is checked for the character you want it enabled on.

Also, I have to put my spells back on the actionbars EVERY time I change one mod, can I save a preset that MazzleUI will load when I tell it to so it saves me time?
I presume you are Mazzifying every time you add another addon, which is not needed.
Other than that, please read the FAQ for questions that you may have on the profiles and setup. Answering the same question 100 times, is a bit redundant, though at times we do, a lengthy how to may already be written in the best possible method. In other words, why ask for a guide that may not fully answer your question or be incorrect, when the correct method is already written out in detail.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...87&postcount=7

Last edited by fyrye : 10-17-07 at 01:40 PM.
10-18-07, 09:33 PM   #5
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Alright,

So I've managed to resolve all of those issues. Thanks for the assistance. One more thing however that I could not find anything about on your FAQs, was the fact that every time I log into my character, I have to go through the Mazzify thing. It won't let me do anything without doing it. I have to do upgrade mode each time, but why can't it just save what I had last time? Any way to make it do that? Does it not save a profile for what I had set last time so it can just load that? It's really a pain to reset all of my hotkeys, macros, and my Interface settings.

Please and Thank you.

Edit: What is the name of the mod that shows what 4 int will equal? For example if an item will add a certain amount of intellect, it will show how much mana that equals or whatever it is. Like 22 crit rating (1.28%). Which mod is that specifically?

Last edited by Genetic Styles : 10-18-07 at 10:23 PM.
10-19-07, 12:26 AM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by fyrye
MazzleUI comes with an addon manager.
What add-on manager?

Originally Posted by fyrye
It sounds to me one or more addons are failing, and the loading processes maybe halted.
Technically, that doesn't happen. If an add-on is dependent on functions or a data structure that another add-on creates, it will probably crap out while loading, but all other add-ons will still systematically attempt to load. You can't really halt the process.
10-19-07, 01:53 AM   #7
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Everytime I log off WoW now, all of my settings go back to default, where it was before I started tweaking any mods. Example:

Install MazzleUI, go through the Mazzify wizard, reloadui, play.
Log off.
Log on.
I have to then re-do all of my mazzle settings except my action bars if I turn that option off. Why can't I just log in and it's back where it was right away when I logged off from the previous session?
10-19-07, 02:01 AM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's probably because you're getting an error before it finishes mazzifying, so it never finishes and marks everything as done.
10-19-07, 02:08 AM   #9
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

What kind of error would I be looking for?

Also, how can I fix this? Please help me, I love your UI but I'm not loving how I have to set it up every single time.
10-19-07, 09:10 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
check that your WTF folder is not write protected.

Mazz: perhaps fryre is referring to MCP?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-19-07, 10:15 AM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah
Mazz: perhaps fryre is referring to MCP?
Perhaps, but I don't see why one would mention that in relation to the original question. *shrug*
10-19-07, 10:21 AM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What kind of error would I be looking for?
The kind of error that produces an error message. Look in bug sack in the fubar menu.

Also, how can I fix this? Please help me, I love your UI but I'm not loving how I have to set it up every single time.
Unless you tell someone exactly what the error is, there is little anyone can do to tell you how to fix it.
10-19-07, 12:19 PM   #13
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yes I was refering to MCP due to his post of:
Should I be also installing another AddOn manager like Khaos
Though I believe he was referring to something closer to Niagara.

If one or more add-ons fail during Mazzifying, this halts the process in a sense, not saving settings, not loading the addon to save the settings, etc.
In which when you reload your game, the halted results are shown as nothing being saved, or marked as completed. This can be anything from Mazzifier coming up over and over to complete profiles appearing lost.

Tried to dumb it down a bit, but appears I made it more complicated
To help us more thoroughly fix your issue please post in the following format
1) BugSack Error/s Report (whole list, not just the one liner)
2) Steps you took to generate the error/s.
3) Do you continue to get the error when you follow those steps everytime or only sometimes. (which you answered already)
4) Group/Raid (size) if applicable
5) Your class and level and talent tree.
6) List of extra addons or alterations you use that did not come with Mazzle 1.1, or the patch for 2.2
7) Operating System / Computer Specifications

Last edited by fyrye : 10-19-07 at 12:54 PM.
10-19-07, 12:48 PM   #14
rschaefer_1
A Kobold Labourer
Ok several members of my guild said they were having a similar problem. They think their problems was that they were using it before the 1.1 patch to MazzleUI came out. Are you loading that patch?
10-19-07, 06:28 PM   #15
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Here's the problem:

One site in particular has a virus inside their addons, infecting your WTF folder, resetting it every time. Also, it has a keylogger.

Full story here, wish a solution:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=5

Spread the word.

Also, what mod tells you what level certain regions are on the map? and isntance levels?

PLEASE tell me, I need to know what mod that is. Also the mod that makes the map not... the entire screen.
10-19-07, 06:32 PM   #16
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Here's the problem:

One site in particular has a virus inside their addons, infecting your WTF folder, resetting it every time. Also, it has a keylogger.

Full story here, wish a solution:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=5

Spread the word.

Also, what mod tells you what level certain regions are on the map? and isntance levels?

PLEASE tell me, I need to know what mod that is. Also the mod that makes the map not... the entire screen.
Cartographer...
10-19-07, 07:41 PM   #17
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Odd, I have that mod installed but it's not showing up at all.

Ideas? Why won't it show up on my map or anything?
10-19-07, 08:21 PM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You need the Cartographer_ZoneInfo module enabled.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-19-07, 09:35 PM   #19
Genetic Styles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Alright,

I assume all I have to do is go into the addons section in game before selecting a character and turn it in? If so, it is on but it's not working. Are there any libraries that I need to have installed to make this work? Like Ace2 maybe?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » AddOns Help.