01-20-08, 11:38 AM   #1
Fawna - Laughing Skull
A Defias Bandit
Angry Missing Details!!

I tried installing the Neon Chat Addon but for some reason I don't have certain details that the instructions call for...
I didn't have the MyModFolderA and B, I don't have the little Add Ons button in the lower left hand corner of my character selection screen, when I downloaded the files from this site it only downloaded two? The examples showed three. It didn't install the .xml folder....?
Help!
I know a decent amount about computers, but a lot of file-mod stuff boggles me. XP
01-20-08, 11:56 AM   #2
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unzip Neonchat to your C:\program files\worldofowarcraft\interface\addons directory.
So it'll look like this...

C:\program files\worldofowarcraft\Interface\AddOns\Neonchat
With the files from the addon inside the Neonchat folder.
Each addon needs it's own folder in the Addons directory.

Also, check this.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

EDIT: Neonchat doesn't need an xml file because it has no graphics to display.
You're opening the neonchat folder and trying to install the files from the addon into WoW. You NEED the folder "NeonChat". Read the link it explains it better than me.

Last edited by Syxx : 01-20-08 at 11:59 AM.
01-20-08, 12:00 PM   #3
Fawna - Laughing Skull
A Defias Bandit
I know about the How to install page, that's how I know I was missing things. I unzipped it but not to that folder, I'll try that. Thank you.

And what about not having that Addons button on my Character selection screen? Is that something I have to install as well?
01-20-08, 12:02 PM   #4
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fawna - Laughing Skull
I know about the How to install page, that's how I know I was missing things. I unzipped it but not to that folder, I'll try that. Thank you.

And what about not having that Addons button on my Character selection screen? Is that something I have to install as well?
No, it's not there because the mod is not installed correctly.
01-20-08, 12:03 PM   #5
OrcanWonder
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Fawna - Laughing Skull
I tried installing the Neon Chat Addon but for some reason I don't have certain details that the instructions call for...
I didn't have the MyModFolderA and B, I don't have the little Add Ons button in the lower left hand corner of my character selection screen, when I downloaded the files from this site it only downloaded two? The examples showed three. It didn't install the .xml folder....?
Help!
I know a decent amount about computers, but a lot of file-mod stuff boggles me. XP
@Fawna - I just checked out the Neonchat mod and there are only two files in the zip file, the lua and the toc. There is no xml file. And I don't know where you found "instructions", the webpage doesn't have any and the zip file doesn't have any so that is confusing me as well as the part of needing MyModFolderA and B.
01-20-08, 12:08 PM   #6
Fawna - Laughing Skull
A Defias Bandit
Oh...I don't know I went to http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
And I was looking at the "Wrong way" and "Correct way" Pictures.

I guess those are general pictures, not specific for the file I was downloading. X[

I followed you guys' instructions and they work now. Thank you so much! =]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Missing Details!!