11-21-08, 08:07 AM   #1
Eba
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
LF mod name gave error message

Prior to 3.0 i had one of countless mods installed that would provide an error message in red letters in the center of the screen. It would be for example I tried to cook something but wasn't near a fire. I tried to mount but was indoors, stuff along that lines. It would give me the applicable error message. Ever since, I just get the default bonk sound that tells me I can't but no message and I really miss that.

Any ideas or was that something just in the bliz UI that was changed? Any ideas what that mod might have been or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

eba
11-21-08, 11:11 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That was default UI behavior. You have an addon that is interfering with it. QuestsFu and nQuestLog are both known to interfere with it after 3.0.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-05-08, 08:12 AM   #3
Eba
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
found some more info on that

I was looking around at curse and happened on this lil bit of info... I am using questfu and it is what was causing this problem.

guido666 said
Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:45:25 AM (last month)

I just figured out that this addon was causing my alerts (e.g. "You can't loot that yet.", "Requires 375 mining.") to not show up. Going under the menu to Modules > Player Status, and UNCHECKING it, makes it work again. I'm not sure of the cause.

Tried it out and sure enough error messages came back

just figured I'd pass this along in case someone needs the info.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF mod name gave error message