12-23-08, 11:12 AM   #1
Layhne
A Murloc Raider
Action Bar Bars... not Buttons.

I was thinking that rather than having Action Bars with buttons, you could replace the buttons with Bars, that count the cooldown.

Something that looks like Elkano's Buff Bars in style, with the option to customize the bars, add/remove abilities from them, etc. and it simply shows a small icon, and the text, and when you press the ability hotkey it would start counting down the cooldown.

I'd like this because I generally hotkey everything to keys, and prefer not to have action bars visible, which makes it hard to watch my ability rotations. I've seen mods that show cooldowns but it usually only shows cooldowns for things like LoH and Retaliation, that have long cooldowns.
12-23-08, 11:20 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Layhne View Post
I was thinking that rather than having Action Bars with buttons, you could replace the buttons with Bars, that count the cooldown.

Something that looks like Elkano's Buff Bars in style, with the option to customize the bars, add/remove abilities from them, etc. and it simply shows a small icon, and the text, and when you press the ability hotkey it would start counting down the cooldown.

I'd like this because I generally hotkey everything to keys, and prefer not to have action bars visible, which makes it hard to watch my ability rotations. I've seen mods that show cooldowns but it usually only shows cooldowns for things like LoH and Retaliation, that have long cooldowns.
If you want cooldowns, I suggest CooldownWatch.

For actual durations of the various spells, perhaps you could take a look at ClassTimer or doTimer
12-23-08, 04:32 PM   #3
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Unless im misunderstanding you, it sounds like you are describing ForteXorcist cooldown module, it is one of the mods listed here:
http://www.vranx.com/cooldowns.htm
12-24-08, 06:27 AM   #4
Layhne
A Murloc Raider
Psoewish had it on the head. Although they aren't action bars, simply hiding the actionbar does just what I wanted it to. Thanks.

Although I wish the icons were skinnable with Button Facade.
12-24-08, 10:28 AM   #5
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Layhne View Post
Psoewish had it on the head. Although they aren't action bars, simply hiding the actionbar does just what I wanted it to. Thanks.

Although I wish the icons were skinnable with Button Facade.
Well you were asking for bars only, but if you want to save some space for those cooldowns by having just icons rather than full bars, you could take a look at CooldownButtons. It's my personal preference, and it's ButtonFacade skinnable.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Action Bar Bars... not Buttons.