10-14-09, 06:50 PM   #1
TuLe
A Black Drake

Game channels messed up!

Hey guys im having this weird problem with one of my toons! Hes chat channels r messed up. I cant join the regular /1 /2 /3 /4 channels anymore they simple dont exist. What i got left is some weird channels names like CrbB1 and another long string one... heres a picture

Also i automatically join a channel /7 ... weird i dnt have any communication goin on any of thoes channels. My other toons r fine... I got prat and carbonite instaled, messed with them and nothing even deleted the saved variable folder for this toon but nothin seems to work.

Help pls!
10-14-09, 06:54 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The crb one is Carbonite. That's what it uses to share some data with.

Have you tried /join General and /join Trade when you're in a city?
10-14-09, 07:03 PM   #3
TuLe
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
The crb one is Carbonite. That's what it uses to share some data with.

Have you tried /join General and /join Trade when you're in a city?
did /join general and i ended up on channel /4 for general chat... is there a way to reset all this?
10-14-09, 10:55 PM   #4
Trond
A Cliff Giant

Try to log out and back in while in a city... This normally helps for me when the numbers get screwed up...
10-16-09, 12:18 AM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Leave all channels possible using the /leave command

Log out of Game.

Look in your WTF Folder for any and all files called "chatcache.wtf"(*)

Delete these

Your chat settings are stored in a file within your WTF folder. Sometimes this gets corrupted.

Once you've logged back in /join all those channels again.

Could of sworn I saw something on Blizzard's support page about this.

(*) = not sure exactly what the name is but it'll be a file with the word "chat" in it and won't be in the saved variables folder. possibly under your toon name.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-16-09, 01:06 PM   #6
TuLe
A Black Drake

Hey blue thx for the tip man! Ill try that later on when i get home!

I still got all my toons channels messed up, with wrong channel # like /7 for general! Dnt know how this came up but ill follow the directions and hope for the best
10-16-09, 04:15 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To expand on Blu's instructions... After logging back in, join the channels *in the order which you want them to appear*.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Game channels messed up!