01-05-06, 09:45 AM   #1
UVL
A Murloc Raider

Profession Tool

I was curious if anyone knew of a mod like this either already in circulation or under development.

The concept seems simple enough, being somewhat similar to whisper cast.

Instead of buffs though, someone can send you a whisper for a list of all of your known recipes/schematics/plans, etc. with each one recieving a keyword to act as a trigger to move to the next step. If the inquirer then whispers that Key ID for a specific crafted good to you, it will automatically send them the mats required to make it. You can also configure crafting fees per recipe/schematic/plans either in some sort of configuration screen or in the tradeskill window. It would allow for prices with mats or without mats.

So, as an example, the chat log may look something like this:

Crafter: Profession Mod is enabled - Please /whisper Crafter < Profession List > for a list of my known professions to browse my goods.

Inquirer whispers to Crafter: < Profession List >

Crafter: I can provide you the following services: < Alchemy > < Cooking >

Inquirer whispers to Crafter: < Alchemy >

Crafter: My list of craftable goods are:
Crafter: Greater Fire Protection < ALC00 >
Crafter: Greater Nature Protection < ALC01 >
Crafter: Greater Arcane Protection < ALC02 >
Crafter: Greater Frost Protection < ALC03 >
Crafter: Greater Shadow Protection < ALC04 >
Crafter: You can /whisper me the < item ID > to the right of each item for mats information and crafting fees.

Inquirer whispers to Crafter: < ALC00 >

Crafter: Greater Fire Protection requires 1 Dreamfoil, 1 Elemental Fire, and 1 Crystal Vial
Crafter: Crafting Fee is 1g per unit with mats, 5g per unit without mats

I think this would be an awesome mod to have, especially for enchanters and it'd probably really cut down on trade channel spam.

Is it even possible?

EDIT: You would also be able to configure what professions you wanted this mod to use.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Profession Tool