12-18-09, 02:26 AM   #1
Unrully
An Aku'mai Servant

Friend/Ignore list

I'm sure there's one..or two..or ten mods out there that could do this, I've downloaded a couple but still not quite found what I was looking for. I'm looking for a simple mod that can expand the Blizzard friend list (obviously it would have to store friends client side at that point) and still look like the Blizz list. Syncing with alts would be a bonus but not something I'd really need as I don't play my alt much.

As for the ignore list, I'm more of looking for a "blacklist" mod that wouldn't necessarily ignore people - Just a list in-game for people I'd like to blacklist for any groups I run or whatnot.

Thanks for any help,

-Mike
12-18-09, 04:05 AM   #2
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You could always check out Karma.

It may not be the prettiest add-on, but it has a lot of info and does it automatically. It integrates with your tool-tips and chat to show the karma ranking of others as you choose it. I believe it can do anything from a simple notation to a warning (I've never actually seen a warning since I tend to avoid those I give a bad rating and they are quite the minority for me...I'm generally easy-going) to completely ignore, although I've never personally used it to ignore anyone.

Ignore is usually saved for gold beggars, spammers and repeat offenders. Otherwise, I like to keep track of my "enemies" and what they are up to. hehe

Edit: There is an add-on called Blacklist but it hasn't been updated for some time. It may still work with a simple TOC update. Curse.com has a newer listing for Blacklist from Aug. of 2009.

Last edited by Gruffness : 12-18-09 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Added additional info.
12-18-09, 02:28 PM   #3
Unrully
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by archaica View Post
i am not sure about the blacklist thing, but friendswithbenefits may be what you need for the friendlist sync feature.
Yeah more looking for something to expand the friends list, syncing really was just a bonus, never really play my alts. Think this is one of the ones I downloaded and it didn't expand it at all.

100 people jus isn't enough when you've been on a server for 4 years and lead as many PUG's as I do, lol.

Edit: Oops, jus read the 2nd post. I'll definetly check out the Karma mod.. basically sounds like what I would like it to do!
12-18-09, 03:15 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There isn't really a practical way to extend the friends list, because the only way to monitor the online/offline status of someone who isn't on your real friends list or in your guild is to perform /who queries on them at regular intervals. You would have to choose between querying each "extra friend" frequently and losing your ability to perform manual /who queries, or querying them infrequently and sacrificing accuracy. It would also be impossible to get realtime online/offline notification for extra friends. The more extra friends you added, the more problematic the whole thing would become.
12-18-09, 04:11 PM   #5
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Another warning mod for people you may not want to group with is Bad Apples. I currently use it, it does gives a lua error on startup, but there's a fix listed in the comments (which I just saw, and am at work and unable to test).
12-18-09, 07:57 PM   #6
Unrully
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
There isn't really a practical way to extend the friends list, because the only way to monitor the online/offline status of someone who isn't on your real friends list or in your guild is to perform /who queries on them at regular intervals. You would have to choose between querying each "extra friend" frequently and losing your ability to perform manual /who queries, or querying them infrequently and sacrificing accuracy. It would also be impossible to get realtime online/offline notification for extra friends. The more extra friends you added, the more problematic the whole thing would become.
Ahh I didn't think of that one... Good point. Ah well, I'll jus try out the Karma mod and keep pruning my friends list once a week lol.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Friend/Ignore list