01-08-06, 01:47 AM   #1
OnceWasPerfect
A Murloc Raider
DUF Party Placement

Im trying to individualy move elements of the party frame. I unchecked the connect frames in the Frame Options under Party but still when i try to move the portrait for party player 1 all four of them move together. I tried messing around with the Attach Frame setting but I could only get one portrait to show up and lost all the others. I know the options have to be the same for the party but can't they be moved individually?
01-08-06, 05:10 AM   #2
Kestenvarn
A Defias Bandit
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3059

Is your problem like the one in this thread?
01-08-06, 07:15 AM   #3
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All party elements will always have the same relative positioning since they share settings. So if party 1's health bar is set to be 10 pixels to the right of the portrait, all the other party members' health bars will be 10 pixels to the right of thier portraits. A side-affect of this is they all stack on top of each other when you attach them to UI Parent since there's only 1 UIParent. This isn't going to change. The Connect Frames option makes it so all the party frames drag together when you drag party frame 1.
03-18-06, 09:14 AM   #4
Rhiannon
A Defias Bandit
Question

Can I ask a really silly question on this very subject please? I don't mind in the least that party health/mana bars etc are all fixed to be the same number of pixels away from the portrait, but due to how I've got my DART set up for party (I increased the width of my DART party member frames to fit right across my screen), I need to be able to move portraits independently of each other, otherwise health/mana bars end up in entirely the wrong places for all except whichever one of the portraits I've set to be in the right placement. I don't have Connect Frames checked, so it's not that that's causing an issue. How can I move party members' portraits independently of each other, please?

thanks
R
03-18-06, 09:25 AM   #5
Tocho
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Moving Portraits

I'm pretty sure the answer, for what you want to do, is : You Can't.

Each element of an individual member of the party is relative to every other member of the party. So, lets say you move Party Member 1's portrait, now the portraits of ALL party members will move relative to the placement of Party Member 1's portrait.

Try thinking of the party frames like this - there IS only one party frame. It's just copied x number of times. There is no way to have Party Member#!'s portrait in position a, and Party Member 2's Portrait in position b.

Hope that explained it.

Tocho
03-18-06, 02:15 PM   #6
Rhiannon
A Defias Bandit
Mmm, thank you, it does ... but then that means it's rather crazy to allow party frame in DART to be resizeable ... since having resized it to nicely fit my screen, I now can't move the party frame info into the newly resized frame art. It seems rather strange that in an otherwise highly configureable addon, something reasonably major cannot be configured???

Slightly confused ...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DUF Party Placement