05-09-10, 04:26 AM   #1
nunchuks
A Murloc Raider

How do i get my skada to look like this.

I stumble on some ui's with skada bars that seems to be skinned. heres some pics.

What i like about how the greyish half of the bars is solid and it brings out the skada bars. I tried to do it ingame config and make it solid but no cigars.

1st pics from fuji ui i dont know how he/she did this but it looks awsome.

2nd pic from a site about skinning stuff but it requires you to have tukUiv10

if anyone in the community knows how to do this please post here thank you in advance.
05-09-10, 05:46 AM   #2
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Doing this would require the use of kgPanels - read something on the basics of using this wonderful addon (specifically how to anchor frames). However, since Skada doesn't support kgPanels use by default, you'll have to do some Lua trickery.

A Google search quickly found me this thread. Read it and see if any of it makes sense.

Good luck!
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
05-09-10, 03:05 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

You dont really have to do anything in lua to make kgpanels work with skada. You just parent to SkadaBarWindowSkada and it works rather nicely.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-09-10, 03:30 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't see any kgpanels in there. It's just Skada with a customized border, statusbar texture, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-09-10, 07:15 PM   #5
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I see, my apologies.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
05-09-10, 08:30 PM   #6
Taryble
A Molten Giant

The only real edit I see in the 2nd picture is to keep the "unfilled" (grey) portion of the bars from having a slight alpha - Skada makes them slightly transparent by default.
05-09-10, 08:42 PM   #7
AxnJackson11
A Fallenroot Satyr
I guaranteed you were looking at ui based on Tukui. Go to http://www.tukui.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3248 and i'm sure you'll find what you need.
05-09-10, 11:19 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nunchuks View Post

2nd pic from a site about skinning stuff but it requires you to have tukUiv10
Originally Posted by AxnJackson11 View Post
I guaranteed you were looking at ui based on Tukui. Go to http://www.tukui.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3248 and i'm sure you'll find what you need.
I don't think he wants to use Tukui. He merely wants to skin Skada like Darth did.
05-10-10, 12:53 AM   #9
nunchuks
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
The only real edit I see in the 2nd picture is to keep the "unfilled" (grey) portion of the bars from having a slight alpha - Skada makes them slightly transparent by default.
In the game you can only achieve via config but you cannot make the transparent half of the bars solid like the ones in the pics.

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I don't think he wants to use Tukui. He merely wants to skin Skada like Darth did.
Its to bad Darth only skin tukui skada if he can do a skin version addon for just any skada used in any ui i be a happy man.

With kgpanels when parented to skada frame its just a gray box that the bars fill in. With these they fill in as lets say dps or dmg is done in class colors and the other half is a grayish solid texture.
I try looking at the lua i think it has somthing to do with a code like bgbartextures ( 0, 0, 0, 1) or somthing like that but i cannot figure it out within lua. i know too little about lua
05-10-10, 02:05 AM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The transparent part of the bars are not solid in the pic. They just look that way. That's the background of the Tukui panel. All that is, is a dark gray box with a light gray pixel border (aka the tukui panel) that is anchored to the Skada window. This can be easily achieved with Skinner.

Last edited by Petrah : 05-10-10 at 02:09 AM.
05-10-10, 11:07 AM   #11
nunchuks
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
The transparent part of the bars are not solid in the pic. They just look that way. That's the background of the Tukui panel. All that is, is a dark gray box with a light gray pixel border (aka the tukui panel) that is anchored to the Skada window. This can be easily achieved with Skinner.
hmmm never thought of it that way Petrah you just gave me an idea im gonna try to see if i can do this with skinner when i get home.

I also went into fujiUi shamelessly copy his WTF saved variables and place in my folders. It worked for a bit then the grayish part turn all black. here a pics.

It worked.

Aww pooo.

sorry in advance for not resizing the pics im at work and i think my boss spying on me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How do i get my skada to look like this.