10-19-10, 11:51 AM   #1
blackknight00
A Murloc Raider
mining nodes

since the end of cartographer 3 i have greatly enjoyed carbonite. Since the realease of the patch i cannot see mining nodes on the map. If i seperate the maps i can see them on the wow mini map but not on the carbonite mini map.

10-19-10, 12:11 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons can't directly get any icons drawn on the minimap, which is why we put Blizzard's minimap into the Carb map. The tracking dots continue to be seen on the Blizzard minimap. Hold the alt key down and you can clearly see the circle of the minimap.

To show nodes that you have collected, which Carbonite recorded, or you have imported from CarboniteNodes, you have to right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check Herb and/or Mining.

This is from the CarboniteReadMe.txt file you will find in the Carbonite addon folder:

-- Gathering

Carbonite tracks mining, herb, gas and everfost shard locations when you gather them.

To show them on the map for the selected zone:

Herbs - Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show Herb Locations".
Mining - Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show Mining Locations".
Gas - Click the Guide ? icon on map, left click "Gather >>>" and left click the Gas icon.
Everfrost chip - Click the Guide ? icon on map, left click "Gather >>>" and left click the Everfrost chip icon.

Routing:

Once any nodes are being shown on the map, you can right click a non icon area of map, select "Route..." and select "Current Gather Locations" to make a route on the map.

-- Carbonite Nodes

CarboniteNodes is a simple data addon that contains predefined locations for Herbalism and Mining. It is a load on demand addon, which means it is not actually loaded until you import data from it into Carbonite.

To import the data into Carbonite's gather data, you right click the Carbonite minimap button, select "Options" and select the Guide page of Options window. You would then left click the text that says "Import Carbonite Nodes Herbalism locations" to get the herbs and "Import Carbonite Nodes Mining locations" to get the mining data.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 10-19-10 at 12:14 PM.

10-20-10, 08:13 AM   #3
blackknight00
A Murloc Raider
mining nodes

yes that is done and has been. I can see the possible nodes but not when they are there. The only way to see the mineable nodes is to seperate the maps and watch the WOW mini map??????

10-20-10, 03:02 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, you always have to look at the Blizzard minimap, which would be the circle inside the Carbonite map around your location arrow. Hold down the alt key and you can clearly see the circle as the background image becomes visible. You will see the yellow nodes within that circle.

The game minimap is the only graphic in the game that can show real live mining nodes. Addons cannot get that data.

The minimap will dock to a corner of the Carbonite map if you zoom in or out too far or scroll the map so the minimap is not visible.

Carbonite node icons on the map show you where an herb has been collected by you and if you had imported our node database, then by others. Addons do not know if a node is actually there, since the game does not let addons access that data. A node is actually present at a given location only about 20% of the time, because they randomly spawn in one of several locations and people are collecting them regularly.

The only way to know if a node is there is to see it in the 3d world view or see a yellow tracking dot on the Blizzard minimap. Only your eyes will do that, since addons cannot see either. Addons can only see that you clicked on a node, so they assume where you are standing is where the node is.

The Blizzard minimap is limited in how far it can see. At maximum range it will show about 300 yards away, but the server will not send the data on node locations until you are about 80 yards away at which point it will appear on the minimap if you are tracking it.

That cannot be changed, since the server decides when you are close enough for it to send you the data on items in the world.

10-20-10, 04:19 PM   #5
Paprika
A Black Drake
Like carboniteaddon said, just merge the Blizzard-Minimap into the Carbonite-Map. In addition you may want to do the following things:
-Set the Blizzard-Minimap to 100% transparency and activate your Mining-tracking ability: http://www.wowwiki.com/Tracking (Any character who has the Mining profession can sense mineral veins.)
-Import your Notes into Carbonite and use the Route-feature to set a path to all of the possible mining spots

Using the route you can easily see where to go and with the Blizzard-tracking you know which spots you can skip (The Blizzard-icons will flash, if there is something you can harvest). Check the keyboard-options, there you can assign a button for skipping the next note. This way you can save time, cause you don't need to check every single mining-note on your map.

Last edited by Paprika : 10-20-10 at 04:26 PM.

10-22-10, 07:48 PM   #6
blackknight00
A Murloc Raider
yes the maps are merged together and i cannot see the nodes that are avaible. IF i seperate the maps it is the only way i can see the avaible nodes on the map. everything so far that has been suggested to me has been done and unless the maps are apart i cannot see avaible nodes. I did not have this issue before the patch. I can see the possibles but not the ones that are there when i fly or ride by it within 80 yards i must constantly scan the ground with my eyes to see if they are there and its hard when sometimes you cannot see the ground. The avaible nodes are not flashing or showing at all unless there are 2 maps Blizzes and carbons. Hopefully that clears up my descrption of the problem

Last edited by blackknight00 : 10-22-10 at 07:55 PM.

10-24-10, 12:50 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Tracking is checked in the Blizzard tracking button menu?

Check your Carbonite version in the addon list. Does it say 4.0004 or greater?

10-26-10, 07:28 AM   #8
blackknight00
A Murloc Raider
thanks for all the help 4.012 fixed my problem

10-26-10, 09:53 PM   #9
Aquaman37
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy My Gatherer is not working please help.

my gatherer is no longer working & I was hoping that there was an update in the works soon because It's hurting my toons professions as well as evryone elses as well.
It's a pain to not to have the one tool that I count on most like most of us do to find the materals from mining to herbs ect.
I hope theres a version comming out soon that works with this new patch.
Thank You to who ever comes up with it in advance =)

Last edited by Aquaman37 : 10-27-10 at 05:25 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » mining nodes