10-19-10, 01:46 PM   #1
Mellesande
A Murloc Raider
Pet bar weirdness

First off, please forgive the fact that this will be a lousy bug report. I can't reproduce it consistently and I can only marginally explain it. Plus I wasn't doing this kind of content PRIOR to using nUI so I don't know when it started.

That all being said, I was doing quests in Zul'Drak where you end up controlling various beings as pets (NOT vehicles) and I kept getting intermittent weirdness with the pet bar. I am not a pet class. I'm a pally. If I wanted to play with a pet I'd have been a hunter. But I digress.

When I would first charm/compel/capture the creature I would get the pet bar to the right of my aura bar without the aura bar moving over. There are no indications of the keybinds on the keys themselves making it REALLY hard to figure out how to spam the right pet commands. I happened to remember from forever ago attempting to play a hunter that the default keybinds were CTRL 1-9.

After using one of the buttons the whole thing would sometimes jump to the left to be left aligned with the first action bar. I can't remember if it happened with keybind or clicking or both cause I was busy dying repeatedly and swearing at my computer.

I decided to permamove the aura bar with /nUI movers and moved it to be left aligned with the first action bar all the time. (Cause it looked good while it was there, that's why!) After doing so I couldn't not get the pet bar to auto appear after charming a pet until I used CTRL-1 to issue the attack command then the bar would appear.

Sorry if this isn't much to go on but it seemed worth mentioning. Or maybe I'm just whining. /shrug

Melle

P.S. I just downloaded 5.07.05 but I haven't tried it yet. Since I still haven't finished that damn quest (running with the mouse + trying to spam with clicks = dead pally) I'll be able to try it tonight.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Pet bar weirdness