12-20-10, 09:12 AM   #1
Kupferdrache
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Question about minimap integtration

Carbonite is a realy great addon, but I have a problem, when I merge the Blizzard minimap into Carbonites Map the Minimapscale in set to maximum (zoomed in) or if docked the Minimap for tracking Herbs etc. is only 1/8 the size as when using the StandartUI. So, in first case, track ores, herbs etc. is cuted out or second case I have reeached the dot on the minimap, but am still 40 yards away. So I overlooked in the first case, some herbs, and in case I need additional time to determine the exact position. Both options are unsatisfactory. How can I set it so that the merged minimap is max zoomed out?

12-20-10, 02:40 PM   #2
logaholic
A Fallenroot Satyr
i actually don't merge mine, or havent tried to in a very very long time, im thinking it was due to the carbonite map just showed the locations of the herbs while the in-game minimap would actually flash if a herb was there.

But in relation to your question tho, the carbonite mini map you have always been able to zoom in and out of with the mouse wheel. And on top of that if you right click on the minimap its self it comes up with extra options under one of those is the settings for how far in and out the minimap auto zooms to.(generally for when tracking quests or items).

12-20-10, 06:53 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is no "carbonite minimap".

12-21-10, 05:02 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think most of the OP's problem comes from the differences in the way Blizzard's Minimap and Carbonite's Minimized maps zoom. Blizz's map only uses 6 levels of zoom while Carb's maps are capable of "infinite" zoom. That leads, occasionally, to a discrepancy in what is displayed on the Carbonite map when the maps are merged. If a node (herb or mineral) starts blinking on the map, hold the "ctrl" button to have the Blizz minimap show and you can tell exactly where the node is.

I sometimes have the same problem when Carbonite is directing me to a quest that is far away while tracking one of my gathering professions. A node starts flashing on my map but is not there when I get to where Carb's map is telling me that's where the node is. Hit the "ctrl" button and find out I've either passed it, or it's farther away, according to the flashing node on the Blizz minimap.

I've tried many different combination's in the options available both in the Carbonite options window and the minimized map's right click menu and have yet to get it to work with any consistency. So, I just put it down to the differences in the way the two maps zoom and live (deal) with it.

12-21-10, 08:03 PM   #5
Kupferdrache
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the Tip with the ctrl-Key, I will check it out if it works for me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Question about minimap integtration