04-29-11, 07:02 PM   #1
pär
A Murloc Raider

LF Addon to make it easier to accurately report botters/afkers/extremely rude people?

Someone needs to build a mod to make it easier to report people.

Single-right-click on their name in chat or the BG pane or target character portrait, scroll down to "report for repeatedly afk/botting/rude/name" and then have the name, server, time and reason automatically paste into a GM ticket, open or new.

Example:
<Name>-<Server>-<Reason>-<date_time>

Xnigthofdeahtx- - extreme rude/racist/threatening remarks instance Deadmines date_time_060609_163821
Jimmyarthass-Twisting Nether - botting AB instance #5 date_time_090609_163821
Lolturdxx-Ravenholdt - RP server naming violation date_time_110609_163821

As it stands, reporting botters in BGs just takes way too long time compared to the good that it does - the player reporting the botter sees absolutely no impact on the botter even after repeated reports. This isn't a perfect solution, but it does dramatically lower the amount of time it would take for an individual player to try to help Blizzard clean up this mess.

Could it be mis-used? Absolutely. But even trolls get bored, and a player making massive amounts of false reports will eventually be sanctioned. If you're like me and only report truly egregious behaviour like cursing someone out in party chat using words such as f***ot, n***er, c***-a**-b**** and such, together with names like "Internet" and "Turdburglar" on RP servers only (I couldn't care less about people's names in BGs since they're not bound by RP server naming conventions, unless it's something truly racist/derogatory) - then at least you have a quicker, easier way to deal with the problem and get back to enjoying the game.
04-29-11, 07:34 PM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you notice the ticket API are mostly protected, at best the addon could prepare a easy to copy/paste text that you could copy and paste into a ticket at the end of the BG.
04-29-11, 11:15 PM   #3
Coldbear
A Kobold Labourer
Looks like it'll have to be an extension of some chat or notepade-type mod then.

1. Find name of person, or target them.
2. Right-click person's name in chat, or target frame.
3. Select what to report for, with just 3-4 extra options than the current menu.
4. The mod logs name, server, time (and place - might not be necessary?) and reason you selected.
5. (4) is auto-parsed into a notepad file.
6. Manually copy/cut/paste into a ticket when you have the time.

Doable? Got tips on the notepad mod or chat mod I would need to work into/modify?

WHY?

I'm sick of rude people in LFD that spew racist or extremely derogative remarks or deliberately grief the group. Same with a certain type of behaviour on RP servers. The odd random "hey fag, you suck I raped you" isn't really something I'm concerned with, but I suppose it would work for that too. Problem is reporting all the bots and seriously anti-social people takes way too long in the current interface, and there's way too many to report, and once you've done it you can't easily report another person til your ticket is done.
04-30-11, 12:11 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talk to funkydude. He might be able to help you or point you in the right direction.
04-30-11, 07:26 PM   #5
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Doesn't BadBoy do most of what you want?

If they're being just generally rude, the context-box ignore really works fine. You don't hear them again until you log in again and their yapping gets recorded and sent to GMs. If they're being racist or trolling, GMs are paid to recognize it.

Now, for botting, you have to say who and when you saw them and what they were doing so that's a bit more work. A context-name&class&race-copy for that would be nice, I would say. Especially since some of them use hard to reproduce characters to escape reporting.

-Crissa
06-13-11, 12:39 PM   #6
spiralofhope
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Until NameViolation broke, it was perfect for this sort of thing.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Addon to make it easier to accurately report botters/afkers/extremely rude people?