06-21-11, 02:18 AM   #1
SRCarebear
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
rActionBarStyler - Pet Bar help.

Just wondering if anybody could help me with a little bit of code for rActionBarStyler.

I would like to create an if statement to move the petbar depending whether bar2 and bar3 is enabled.

I'm not sure how it would work because they're usually enabled / disabled using the in-game Action Bars tab.

Code:
if cfg.bars.bar2.enable then
    cfg.bars.petbar.pos { a1 = "BOTTOM", a2 = "BOTTOM", af = "UIParent", x = 0, y = 76 },
end
if cfg.bars.bar3.enable then 
cfg.bars.petbar.pos { a1 = "BOTTOM", a2 = "BOTTOM", af = "UIParent", x = 0, y = 104 },
end
Something like this, this doesn't work though. Also which file would the if statement be placed? The config.lua or the petbar.lua?

Thanks beforehand.
06-21-11, 02:35 AM   #2
apocalipsus
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi there.
Maybe this could help:

Code:
showBar1, showBar2, showBar3, showBar4 = GetActionBarToggles()
The GetActionBarToggles() returns 1 if the interface option is set to show the corresponding action bar.
In you case you should do something like this:

Code:
showBar1, showBar2, showBar3, showBar4 = GetActionBarToggles()
if (showBarx) then  -- replace x with the action bar you checking
 posy = y -- y postion you want
else
posy = y2 -- other position you want if the actionbar isn't showing
end
cfg.bars.petbar.pos { a1 = "BOTTOM", a2 = "BOTTOM", af = "UIParent", x = 0, y = posy},
edit: Actually i just notice the cfg.bars.petbar.pos is inside a table correct?
You can't do the "if, else," etc part inside the table. You need to do it outside the "table"
06-23-11, 01:45 AM   #3
SRCarebear
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I tried this last night and couldn't get it to work. Have you got it to work at all?
06-24-11, 02:29 AM   #4
apocalipsus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SRCarebear View Post
I tried this last night and couldn't get it to work. Have you got it to work at all?
Didn't test it myself tbh. I always have the 3 action bars activated (the bottom 3) but ill give a look later.
06-26-11, 08:34 AM   #5
apocalipsus
A Murloc Raider
Hello again.
I've been trying it and it works fine.

First on the config.lua At the very start (before the local addon, ns = ...) do this:
Code:
local posy --just creating a variable to store the value we want for the y position
local Bar1, Bar2, Bar3, Bar4 = GetActionBarToggles() -- getting the status of the actionbars. On this example im using actionbar2 wich is the "bottom right bar" on the blizzard interface
if(Bar2) then
	posy = 125 -- change this value to whatever u want if the action bar is activated
else
	posy = 250 -- change this value to whatever u want if the action bar is NOT activated
end
Then on the petbar config change the value on the y position to the variable we created before: posy

Should end like this:
Code:
pos = { a1 = "BOTTOM", a2 = "TOP", af = "rABS_MultiBarBottomRight", x = 0, y = posy },

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » rActionBarStyler - Pet Bar help.