Quantcast Auto-remove completed quests not working - WoWInterface

06-30-11, 03:59 AM   #1
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Auto-remove completed quests not working

Just what the subject says. I have the option checked to auto-remove watched quests when completed, but they are staying on the watch list. Not sure what other information I can provide. I'll check back to see if there are questions.

06-30-11, 07:46 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't normally use that option, but I enabled it to test it. For me, it worked as intended.

Does it work for you if Carbonite is the only enabled addon? It's possible that there is another addon interfering with Carbonite, and that is the only way to check for that happening.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.

06-30-11, 11:20 PM   #3
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm all quested out in this expansion, so I'm waiting on dailies to roll over. I'll try it with Carbonite loaded alone, but you're probably right, it's probably addon interference.

07-01-11, 06:11 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You've already done all the quests for the new expansion? What, you never sleep?

07-01-11, 06:17 AM   #5
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
I'm all quested out in this expansion, so I'm waiting on dailies to roll over. I'll try it with Carbonite loaded alone, but you're probably right, it's probably addon interference.
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
You've already done all the quests for the new expansion? What, you never sleep?
You can probably finish all the quests in JUST cata in about a month. Plus new quests in patches (Firelands) and holidays adds more.

07-01-11, 02:14 PM   #6
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
OK, so I updated to Carbonite 4.2 this morning, and then dumped all my addons except Carbonite. At least in the case of the new dailies at the Sanctuary of Malorne, they are not auto-disappearing when completed.

The three I tested it on were:

Rage Against the Flames
The Protectors of Hyjal
Those Bears Up There which did successfully auto-complete and show the question mark, which led to Nature's Blessing, which when completed, stayed on my list with the other two previously completed ones.

My Quest Watcher currently shows those three quests only, all with a (Complete) after them.

Maybe this is because they are new quests? I didn't test with any of the new quests on the Molten Front side, because doing a dps with no UI is a pain!

After I finish my dailies, I'll go to a starter zone and see if I can duplicate it with non-new quests.

<Edit:> Also, when I go to the Molten Front and pick up the quests there, the header on my Quest Watcher changes to "Felwood Quests" and the watcher is empty. I normally run with "Hide Quests Not In Zone" option checked, and when I uncheck it, the Molten Front dailies have a red dot next to them that when clicked returns the error message, "That objective is not in the database."

<Edit #2:> Interestingly, when I uncheck the "Hide Quests Not In Zone" and the Molten Front dailies show up on my watch list, they do still track incremental completion, and they do correctly disappear from the list when completed (with my full UI and addon package engaged).

Last edited by Pennet : 07-01-11 at 02:41 PM.

07-15-11, 09:49 PM   #7
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
A bump with an update attached:

Running 4.21, completed quests at Sanctuary of Malorne and the Molten Front are still not being auto-removed from my quest watcher.

The quest watcher is incremented correctly as things are collected/die, and with the final increment, the objective goes from gray to white, the quest name gets the (Complete) after the name, but the quest remains on the Quest Watcher.

I'm also not seeing the line in my chat log: CARBONITE Quest Complete 'Quest Name Goes Here'

As before, I have tested this both with and without the rest of my addons enabled, with the same result. I have also picked up a couple random quests from elsewhere in the world, and they all worked correctly, disappearing upon completion.

Last edited by Pennet : 07-15-11 at 10:05 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Auto-remove completed quests not working