08-14-13, 01:59 PM   #1
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
View distance

Since WoW Machinima Tool dosen't work for me and is not updated any more is there any way to max the view distance of wow like in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTYvEBsghc
08-14-13, 04:14 PM   #2
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
The client hardcodes farclip at 1300 (Ultra). No way that I know of to get around it unless you start editing the memory (like WMT did).

Some people claim that if you manually set farclip to a higher number through the /console command that view distance becomes "dynamic". I think they're seeing things. -_-
08-14-13, 04:49 PM   #3
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
The client hardcodes farclip at 1300 (Ultra). No way that I know of to get around it unless you start editing the memory (like WMT did).

Some people claim that if you manually set farclip to a higher number through the /console command that view distance becomes "dynamic". I think they're seeing things. -_-
Yeah. View distance used to be able to be set higher, as well. No idea why they lowered it, unless it's another symptom of their Optionophobia
08-14-13, 06:45 PM   #4
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Yeah. View distance used to be able to be set higher, as well. No idea why they lowered it, unless it's another symptom of their Optionophobia
It's actually a common thing in massive open world games, they set the view distance to a certain point to increase the in game immersion (aka a mental trick to tell you to not put the game down because it makes you feel like your not playing a game).
08-14-13, 10:06 PM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My old guild master is (or at least was) the community manager for WMT, I'll ask him if it has been discountinued or not.

Edit:
It was discontinued due to lack of spare time by the author to maintain it.

Last edited by p3lim : 08-14-13 at 10:12 PM.
08-19-13, 07:59 AM   #6
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Thank you everyone. So I combine its still possible but there is no tool for it atm.

There also was an addon on WoW UI up show more flore plants and more spell effekts - can anyone tell me the name of the addon?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » View distance