07-17-18, 02:10 AM   #1
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
[Update] RealUI 2.0.0

As with every expac, change is the name of the game, and this one is no different. Most of these changes affect addons, though often to varying degrees. While the core of RealUI is prepared for these changes, unfortunately not all have made the necessary updates.

Specifically, I have yet to see any activity regarding Clique, Grid2 and PhanxChat. They may still get updated within the next few days/weeks, and I will update this post if they are.

UPDATE: Clique and Grid are both updated, still no word on PhanxChat.
UPDATE 2: PhanxChat is now updated.

RealUI has gone through a lot of changes over the years, but the biggest are yet to come. This version marks the start of a transition toward a more unified interface suite.

All of the compiled addons like cargBags, KuiNameplates, and even Bartender will eventually be replaced by "in-house" versions. This will make it easier to fully integrate these features into the interface as a whole, rather than relying on hacks to force them to do something.

In light of this, the version number has been reset and simplified. It will now follow a major.minor.patch format. Major will be increased if there is a necessity to even partially wipe settings, don't expect this to happen often if at all. Minor is when an addon or feature is added, removed, or significantly changed. Patch for bugfixes and minor tweaks.

To further mark the occasion, a brand new logo was commissioned from the talented Stephano Sue. You've probably already seen his work on Method's branding, as well as WeakAuras and many others.

Speaking of changes, one of the significant changes in this version is to the interface skin. The old addons !Aurora_RealUI and Aurora have been combined into a single addon: RealUI_Skins.

This new addon will provide all skinning capabilities for RealUI and is not optional. RealUI_Skins also brings with it new skinning options such as configurable frame and button colors as well as class colors.

Additionally, all pixel fonts have been removed in favor of the standard font, Roboto. The primary reason for this is readability. Pixel fonts really only look good at a specific size, and when scaled can quickly get pretty ugly. Furthermore they can be difficult to read at any size for anyone that has a visual impairment.

Please post bugs/errors in a new thread.

Last edited by Gethe : 08-01-18 at 09:50 AM. Reason: update 2

07-17-18, 08:08 AM   #2
Heavywavez
A Kobold Labourer

AWESOME, the logo is perfect, so basically you are saying that more and more RealUI start not depend from other addons? Because if that is true, that's awesome.

07-17-18, 02:13 PM   #3
lossolsun
A Murloc Raider
With moving addons in-house, will we be able to disable that particular part of the suite? For example, I greatly prefer ArkInventory over cargBags, but I also love the UI as a whole. Will I be able to continue to use ArkInventory?

07-17-18, 04:46 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
For the larger features like bags, auras, etc. yes. The plan is to allow those parts to be disabled without adverse effects on the rest of the UI.

07-17-18, 10:41 PM   #5
lossolsun
A Murloc Raider
Fantastic! I fully support this idea.

Also, love the new logo.

07-18-18, 12:15 AM   #6
Koleckai2
A Murloc Raider
Clique seems to have been updated - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/clique

07-18-18, 12:25 AM   #7
Signas
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post

Additionally, all pixel fonts have been removed in favor of the standard font, Roboto. The primary reason for this is readability. Pixel fonts really only look good at a specific size, and when scaled can quickly get pretty ugly. Furthermore they can be difficult to read at any size for anyone that has a visual impairment.
Thank you so much!

It is probably just the new patch causing the number of lua errors I'm receiving, but I do hope we'll see a couple more updates as other add-ons become more stable as well. Until then, keep it up and know that we love all that you do. Serious thank you to the font change!

07-18-18, 03:14 AM   #8
KonigTX
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'd still really love the option to use pixel fonts. Gonna have to hack them in for now . Would still love the ability to scale the Infobar as well.

Minor grievances aside, thank you for all of the work you do. This is the best UI out there by far.

07-18-18, 06:25 AM   #9
aric420
A Defias Bandit
With the pre patch breaking addons and my usual interface (lui) not being maintained much anymore, I have been on the hunt for a new ui. I would like to think I found it in realui! Great work! I am only having trouble with one thing. I really like a minimalist UI and this one can be easily customized to fit my needs except for the bulky eyesore at the bottom of the screen! I cant figure out how to get rid of it I believe its a rep/exp bar with info text blocks overlaying it. Can you please point me in the direction to get rid of it?

07-18-18, 08:18 AM   #10
MsZonax
A Murloc Raider
Hi, no one of these addons work anymore since the release of the patch, any advices ?

07-18-18, 10:26 AM   #11
jyggen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I downloaded 2.0.0, but all RealUI addons seems to still have "Interface: 70300" in their toc files for some reason.

07-18-18, 11:24 AM   #12
Signas
A Murloc Raider
Foglight, PhanxChat, Grid, EasyMail, and FreebTip seem to be the most prominent causes of lua errors at the moment (after manual updates to today's add-ons).

07-18-18, 11:35 AM   #13
Nyborg
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Signas View Post
Foglight, PhanxChat, Grid, EasyMail, and FreebTip seem to be the most prominent causes of lua errors at the moment (after manual updates to today's add-ons).
+1.

Primarily getting Foglight, PhanxChat, and Grid2/Grid2StatusDebuff errors here. Also have a small visual glitch where the "LFG Role Selection" images are showing up as green boxes.

I haven't used anything but RealUI in years. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Nyborg : 07-18-18 at 12:41 PM.

07-18-18, 12:42 PM   #14
RayOut
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by MsZonax View Post
Hi, no one of these addons work anymore since the release of the patch, any advices ?
Somehow the update needs a clean install. Rename the Interface and WTF folder for backups.
1. Create a new Interface + AddOns folder
2. Download the update and put the content in the AddOns Folder
3. Start WoW and you can reinstall RealUi now

MSBT isn't working, try this instead: type /msbt, -> General -> Enable Blizzard Dmg & Healing.
The update works okay, still need some fixing but it's playable for now.

I really love RealUI. It's so clean and nice. I hope there will be an update to fix the issues soon.

07-18-18, 12:42 PM   #15
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
EasyMail can be removed, most of its features were incorporated into RealUI_Skins

07-18-18, 06:55 PM   #16
Gardorian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
EasyMail can be removed, most of its features were incorporated into RealUI_Skins
Now you just have to update your signature to follow suite with you sleek new logo :P

Once BT4 gets replaced, will I be able to go back to it? I know you mentioned a bunch of the other "major" ones, just wondering where you stand on that

07-18-18, 08:22 PM   #17
pragmatizm
A Kobold Labourer
Hey so RealUi is working pretty well for me, the usual LUA errors other people are citing. However, my Raven isnt working in the slightest. Is this a known issue?

07-19-18, 06:31 AM   #18
Siusha
A Defias Bandit
Hi Love

Been using your ui for years now and loving it <5

installed your lattes update now and it will not turn on.
after the start window what tels me/you tell it to install there is no panel to use :-(

Looked true the addons map and all your parts are showing up

can you help me plzz?

07-19-18, 06:38 AM   #19
Wolfdeath
A Murloc Raider

Alot is wrong for me. =(

First let me say that I love Real UI.

Now to my issues, I get alot of LUA errors, my bottom bar were I can find the amount of gold and such are gone and can't find it anywere, I can't config Real UI. I have done a complete install instead of an update but still these things dont work. :sadface:

What to do?

07-19-18, 06:39 AM   #20
nopsu
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Siusha View Post
Hi Love

Been using your ui for years now and loving it <5

installed your lattes update now and it will not turn on.
after the start window what tels me/you tell it to install there is no panel to use :-(

Looked true the addons map and all your parts are showing up

can you help me plzz?
Did you remove the old addon folders before you put the new ones in ?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » [Update] RealUI 2.0.0