09-29-06, 10:34 AM   #1
thaset
A Murloc Raider
Need some Ui help..

Hello all and well met,

I write this today because i am having ui issues for whatever reason is unknown. Let me explain some, Some ui's i can use and they play fine. Some ui's i use just freeze the game and sound continues to play. Does anyone else have this problem. If anyone has can u please respond how ya fixed it. Thanks alot
09-29-06, 10:37 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
"Help, it doesn't work" is much too vague. Give us specific mod names, etc.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-29-06, 10:44 AM   #3
thaset
A Murloc Raider
Okay for example i am a eg Hunter so we clear all of zg-aq 20-aq40-bwl-mc and most of naxx. However with a ui i made up myself it works fine. On the other hand i tried the Phitek 5.2 i beleive is the name and right during the neffy fight at phase 1 the game would freeze sound would continue and i would have to control alt delete out of the game and log back in when i do this it works perfectly again till the next error occurs. I dont see error's at all just the game freezes. Little bit about my comp.

Pent 4 3.6ghz Single core
Asus Mobo with 2 asus 6800 ultra
thermaltake 680 watt psu.

I live in Norway and it never really gets warm here.. the cards aren't overheating and it is not my comp. all updated driver's sound video Bios etc.
09-29-06, 10:49 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hmmm. Okay, under the AddOn button on your Character Select screen, at the top right hand corner, what do you have the memory set at? Normally there is an error message if it is running out of memory, but that *might* be it. Worth checking.
09-29-06, 10:54 AM   #5
thaset
A Murloc Raider
i leave it set at 0 for unlimited.
09-29-06, 11:01 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, that obviously isn't it then.

It may be that it is an individual mod within the compilation. Really the only way you can track that down is to either a) list them all here and hope that someone knows whether or not a specific mod is broken/causing problems or b) go through and try disabling and enabling to find out which one is causing the problem.

It may be that some part of your computer can't stand up to the demands. Video card, drivers, RAM ...

Unfortunately, I'm not necessarily the best when it comes to helping diagnose actual hardware problems. Hopefully someone else on the site may have more/different/better suggestions for you to consider.
09-29-06, 11:03 AM   #7
thaset
A Murloc Raider
thanks for your time i appreciate all the response and so quick! heh see if it gave me errors i could say hey its this and disable that mod however i dont get errors no lag no flitches the game just freezes.. ( It was the Photek 5.2. Ui. apparently noone else is having that issue heh
09-29-06, 11:12 AM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah.

If you really like the compilation, then the easiest way to narrow down if it is in fact a mod (or mods) ... take the list, divide it in half. Turn one half of the mods off (pay attention to dependancy requirements). See if the problem occurs. If not, re-enable that half and disable the other half. See if it happens. If not, then it wouldn't seem to be a mod problem. If yes, then take whichever half caused the problem, divide that list in half, rinse & repeat. Eventually you knock it down until the list is small enough that you can disable a single mod at a time to track down the culprit.
09-29-06, 02:41 PM   #9
Saiiyna
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Might not work

That solution might not work it the problem is 2 mods not playing well together.
09-30-06, 12:29 AM   #10
ladyaitken
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy I need some help please

I downloaded a addon for a dkp system today and i cant get it too work. I did everything i was supposed to. the addon is WebDKP and i got it from this site http://www.webdkp.com/index.php?view=tutorial. I downloaded and extracted it in to my addons file in my interface part of world of warcraft. I also made sure to download load the frame work that was required to run it there as well. For some reason though the mod isnt even regestering as being in that folder. I came here and looked to what it could be and the addons site forums and tried taking out the files that may cause the problem but that didnt work either. I tired removing it and then putting it back and i tried taking all the other mods out and just leaving that one in. But it doesnt show up as being there.
i have also restared my computer to see if that would work and it hasnt. Do you know what might be wrong or what i can do to fix it? thanks
09-30-06, 04:12 AM   #11
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To the OP, when you installed Photek UI, did you just drop into your AddOns folder or did you start fresh? Photek is an example of a UI where it best to start fresh by nuking (after backing it up) your WTF and Interface folders. Then you install the Photek UI files.

Really the thing to do when installing ANY AddOn package (like PhotekUI or EmeraldUI) is start fresh by nuking your old WTF and Interface folders. This clears out any files that may conflict with the new AddOns as some package creators will mod some of the AddOns or include custom .lua files in their Saved Variables folder (EmeraldUI comes to mind).
10-21-06, 07:38 PM   #12
Daeanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been having this problem too, and it's making me nuts. A few points:

1) It only started happening with the last patch
2) There are no associated errors
3) The UI only seems to freeze when a mob dies - running around, in town, mid fight are all fine. When a mob dies, I hold my breath and hope it won't lock up. I might go an hour without a problem, then have it happen three times in ten minutes.
4) I have disabled all the mods I thought were likely culprits: any data collection mod, anything I have added or updated in the last few weeks. No joy.

I'm running pretty much all the Discord AddOns (except DART), about 30% of Cosmos, the Auctioneer package, and a pretty full set of FuBar mods; in addition to those "major" packages, I have a half doezen or so simple stand-alones. I've had no trouble with most of these until this started happening.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need some Ui help..