TidyMinimap is a small addon that will tidy your minimap by moving all the custom buttons into it's own frame. I wrote this addon because I wanted similar functionality as FuBar plugins but without FuBar.
There is no in-game configuration, all settings are in the Settings.lua file to keep it simple.
There is a slash command (/tidy) that gives you the name of the minimap button you're currently hovering with your mouse. Use this to add buttons that are not automatically picked up to the Settings.lua.
When upgrading, don't overwrite Settings.lua if you want to keep your old settings.
Workaround for the CT minimap buttons (thanks to woowoowoo):
Edit the CT_Core\CT_Core.lua file and change line 112 from:
minimapFrame = module:getFrame(minimapFrameSkeleton);
minimapFrame = module:getFrame(minimapFrameSkeleton, nil, "CTMod2_MinimapButton");
Once you changed that, just add ['CTMod2_MinimapButton'] = true, to your settings.
- Fixed a bug that broke TidyMinimap when trying to hide borders.
- Updated for patch 3.3.
- Replaced deprecated :GetFrameType() call with :GetObjectType()
- Fixed bug introduced in 0.5.
- Added slash commands suggested by Spellshaper:
scan: Force TidyMinimap to look for minimap buttons
name: Prints the name of the frame you're currently hovering
Use with '/tidy command'.
If no command is specified it defaults to the 'name' command.
- Updated TOC for patch 3.0.
- Improved button scanning once again.
- Updated with fixes for patch 2.4.3.
- Hiding borders are now optional, defaults to false.
- Rewrote most of the code to make it easier to read and more
- Should pick up more buttons. Though, still haven't figured out
a way to pick up the CT addon buttons. They are technically not
minimap buttons (doesn't have the minimap set as their parent).
- Now supports minimap buttons created by addons loaded on demand.
- Moved the frame to bottom of the minimap and turned off nudge in
the default settings.
- Split the config from the main file (when upgrading, make backup
from the old file if you're not using default settings).
- Added a slash command. Type /tidy when hovering a minimap button
that is not moved correctly, it will display it's name to be put
into the config file.