Thread: StandAlone UI
View Single Post
08-11-09, 10:47 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What I meant was that a standalone UI usually has a set layout with little flexibility. To have true control over a UI set up you would have to design one yourself.

In my case I did that as the default blizz layout had the unit frames and buttons and auras in the wrong place for my eye movement while playing. I tried spartan UI but it didn't help me much outside of solo play. I then dabbled with creating my own UI using things such as bartender and pitbull to set up the unit frames and buttons to suit my tastes. It worked for a long while there.

Then I stumbled across nUI. It had the buttons at the bottom, it had all the unit frames I ever used at the bottom and the minimap itself. In essence my eyes didn't have to jump all over the screen to see the important information. So, in my case nUI is perfect for me. I still tweak some lua files such as enlarging the main action bar buttons and moving the minimenu to the bottom of the screen with everything else.

I may have misunderstood your explanation as I thought you were asking for the ability to move the buttons anywhere you want. Yes, you can do that if you so wish in nUI but then you would have gaps to fill where they were before you moved them. The only thing I agree with you on is the lack of a UI to set the layout up and that is something he is incorporating I believe into 6.0 version of nUI. But until then you will have to do the same as the rest of us and that is to edit the layout files manually.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818