View Single Post
03-24-09, 11:20 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by deth4uall View Post
Well bro I donated and tried out the addon, I gave all I could... :S Kinda broke right now, will donate laterz when I have more... But yeh, I love it! Just trying to figure out if I can integrate the armory and bartender add ons... :P
Bartender you shouldn't really need. I used bartender before specifically because my mage had so many spells she needed available. Then I came across nUI and Cryolosis. The two together helped me big time.

I'm not sure if I am recalling correctly but I think Scott was thinking of extending the bar options in a later edition. Whether I misread or not who knows.

As to the armory integration. That sounds interesting but I didn't think you could access anything outside of the game apart from the WTF files. I think nUI still has or used to have access to talent spotting people in your group/raid at least. Not that it was always up to date. Had to reloadui a few times when people respecced before the run started.

I'd have to check that armory mod out and see what it actually does but just took a look at wowwiki's wow api list and looks like a combo of unit and talent functions may be what theyre using.

edit: Yep .. just looked at the screen shot of armory and read the info. I noticed it before but its similar to Altoholic which I use to keep track of my alts. Thats all armory does except uses the paperdoll window to show the info. Would be interesting though to see if a simipler version could be written that would fit in an info panel so that at a click of the button you have access to your details plus any alts you've logged in recently. Sounds like a little educational project for someone *grins* . Once I figure out my little programming problem Ive been trying to spend time on between wow runs

*brain starts churning* .. better go ..

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-24-09 at 11:29 PM.