View Single Post
04-14-09, 05:15 PM   #250
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stormlor View Post
Actually its not. Port 80 is used for people coming across. Like normal users. WOWM actually used a different port to get into WOWI. WOWM amateur programming didn't have sufficient ways (can't think of terms here) to be done via port 80 or 81 (HTTPS). I'm not WOWI's Network Admin so I have no idea how their Network Infrastructure is hosted, (not the site, the internal network). I have no idea if WOWI has a DMZ in conjunction with their firewall to keep port 80 hackers away (if WOWM used port 80)

I understand they host their own content. I am not saying anything about that. A lot of the content that WOWM was not through port 80, as a lot of it was saved on the internal side as well. Basically WOWM did hack into WOWI. How so we have no idea, maybe by a worm, maybe by constant hacking and seeing the port was open. I have no clue how the infrastructure was laid out, but if WOWM got through that basically means anybody with the knowledge and determination can get in. This is a security problem on WOWI, and while blocking ports was the first area of security there is much more that looks that needs to be done from the web front.
You are so full of wrong I don't know where to begin. So I'll just say this instead.

I have PERSONALLY reviewed wireshark logs of WoWMatrix for... about a few months now. I know EXACTLY what it does to get its content. There isn't a single piece of your post which is true. WoWMatrix used HTTP for its content retrieval and scrapes content as others have already pointed out.

Your qualifications are obviously bogus as you have no idea what you're talking about and, at the very minimum, have not done the research required to claim that you know what WoWMatrix does.

That being said, because you are obviously spouting off misinformation and, to put it directly, blatant lies, I have no choice but to make this your final warning: cease trying to defend your incorrect statement about how WoWMatrix operates or I will be forced to make you stop personally.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/