View Single Post
10-23-08, 05:41 PM   #8
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have already answered this so I'll just reiterate. The design is fundamentally different in both bar addons and its ultimately a subjective design decision that depends on each author's mindset. Some people will like it. Some people will be neutral. Some people will hate it. Tough luck but all there is to it.

I have personally considered a different design but have abandoned the idea, since: a) it would probably require a major rewrite of a significant part of the code to say the least, testing aside and I simply don't have the time nor the stomach to do it. b) I don't personally find it particularly interesting or useful, since I'm accustomed to the current design that has served me well for me for almost 3+ years now. That is not to say I'm not open to new ideas or oblivious to what other people find useful or anything, but if I simply wanted to "copy" FuBar and add even more features to it, I would have written something entirely different, instead maintaining and improving/polishing something that is currently working.

At the end of the day there are 2 solutions, if neither one satisfies you, code your own or find someone willing to do so