Thread: cooldown timer
View Single Post
12-05-09, 05:45 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This has been raised several times and I think people have not realised that there are actually 2 numbers available for display on the buttons.

First we have the cooldown timer and then we have the debuff timer.

If the spell is on cooldown but is a debuff on the target it will show how much time is left ( the highest of the cooldown or debuff timer ) in a lilac type color.

If the spell is available to cast but is still a resident debuff on the target it will show how much time is left on the debuff it will show as I think a blueish color.

If the spell is on cooldown and not a debuff resident on the target it will show as reddish color.

EG.

Cooldown Count = 10 secs
Debuff Count = 30 secs

Spell Cast - Button shows 30 in lilac as the debuff count is higher but is on cooldown
10 seconds later - Button shows 20 in blue as cooldown is off but debuff is still active you can cast again if you wish to refresh.

With your Stormstrike ability:

Cooldown Count = 8 secs
Debuff Count = 12 secs

Spell Cast - Button shows 12 in lilac
8 seconds later - Buttons shows 4 in blue ( off cooldown )

With your Earth Shock ability :

Cooldown Count = 6 secs
Debuff Count = 8 secs

Spell Cast - Button shows 8 in lilac ( cooldown and debuff )
6 seconds later - Button shows 2 in blue ( off cooldown )

I hope that helps you a bit better. It is working in the same way as if you had OmniCC ( for cooldowns ) and InlineAura ( for debuffs ) except it is as one number instead of two and just changes color to reflect whether it is an active debuff or cooldown still applies.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818