Thread: nUI & Patch 4.3
View Single Post
11-29-11, 03:53 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay, here goes.... :

For those that aren't comfortable making code changes themselves here are the files that I have had to change while playing on the 4.3 beta a whiles back. There may be more errors when hitting live but I will try and catch what I can see.

nUI 5 only problem ( so far ) - divide by zero when mousing over other players/npcs (possibly). Scott looks to have thought ahead and sensibly included a check for zero values in nUI 6.

Copy the nUI_UnitPower.lua file attached to \Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\ folder.

nUI 6 only problem ( so far ) - attempt to index global 'LFDSearchStatus' (a nil value) error when searching for a group due to their changing the name. If nUI 5 has this somewhere it is not in the same file so it will take a while for me to identify it unless someone finds it by jumping into a dungeon and getting the error rofl.

Copy the Minimap.lua file attached to \Interface\AddOns\nUI6\Integration\ folder.

The french have also pointed out that, if my translation is right, the heroic flag isn't showing. This might also be resolved by the above if it is the same object. If someone could confirm that that is what they meant it would be great otherwise it would be another thing to look into over the next few days.

Be warned that I am usually not around Friday through to Monday for in game stuff but may be able to incorporate some blind fixes to keep people going.

Please note that unless you change the TOC value to 40300 I believe then you will need to tick the load out of date addons box.

I would also suggest that you try the game without any other addons initially to make sure that they aren't bringing up errors that aren't necessarily nUI's fault, although it may be a compatibility problem new to the patch, but lets get nUI working on its own before we start worrying about that stuff
Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI_UnitPower.lua (31.6 KB, 760 views)
File Type: lua Minimap.lua (10.3 KB, 614 views)

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 11-29-11 at 03:58 PM.