Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-16-16, 01:45 PM   #1
Hiketeia
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
'Best Practices' for code repositories & release schedule?

Hi,

New addon-er here and just wondering how others feel about code repositories and things? I like GitHub, and if I was just making it for myself I'd keep it in there and be fine with it. But since the addon sites seem to each have their own repo, should I use them? Do people use multiple? Do they script updates to them all, or do they only push 'releases' to the main sites? Comments/tickets/issues and things are probably not something to worry about now, but I don't want to have to change things unnecessarily down the road either.

Thoughts?

Along with this thought too, is how soon is too soon to release? If I've imagined for myself 3 main functions of the addon and have one done, should I release early and often - or wait until I'm more feature complete and go from there? I like the idea of getting feedback as I go and things, but at the same time, don't want people to try it once and not try it again if it isn't all there?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 'Best Practices' for code repositories & release schedule?