01-06-09, 10:13 AM   #1
gvappi
A Murloc Raider
[Request] addon

Hello
been trying for a few days to learn to make addons, though it may take a little more time, and i would want this addon asap.

now this addons dosen't seem to be to hard to make so here goes.

what i want is 4 features:

1. AutoBind BOP stuff from bosses when looting.

2. Auto Type delete when trying to delete blue or better item.

3. Auto Reset instances when you exit them.

4. ability to toggle the other features on/off so you may use only the ones you need.

so if someone would make an addon like this, it would be weary mutch apriciated, and if possible, use ace2 lib.

-GvappI-
01-06-09, 12:12 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
im pretty sure that none of that is possible.
01-06-09, 01:03 PM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by gvappi View Post
Hello
been trying for a few days to learn to make addons, though it may take a little more time, and i would want this addon asap.

now this addons dosen't seem to be to hard to make so here goes.

what i want is 4 features:

1. AutoBind BOP stuff from bosses when looting.

2. Auto Type delete when trying to delete blue or better item.

3. Auto Reset instances when you exit them.

4. ability to toggle the other features on/off so you may use only the ones you need.

so if someone would make an addon like this, it would be weary mutch apriciated, and if possible, use ace2 lib.

-GvappI-
mmm, auto-reset instances whenever you exit them.... so each time for example you go outside to summon a new partymember, or someone who went for repairs, the thing gets reset? dunno about you, but i don't think the other 4 party members would be fond of the idea to start over everytime.

delete blue's or better? if you got m and can't disenchant it, why delete it, just sell it to a vendor, gives some cash at least. Even if its only 1 or 2g, all gold count's in northrend with the extremely high price for the mammoth :P

Autobind, if you click okay, and when you win the roll. it's automatically bound to you so no need, the only thing would be the confirmation you could tend to auto-skip with an addon.

Greetz,

CM
01-06-09, 01:14 PM   #4
gvappi
A Murloc Raider
sure

well i want it for sfk twink farming.
but when farming twink items i need to loot everything, got "lootfilter" which delete items, but i cant get it to delete all the BOP crap blues from sfk.

however the only thing i really need is for it to resetinstances for me, which would speedup my farming alot.

and i already though how i could make it:

make a addon which show your loc.
then throw a code which read that textbox, and whenever that txtbox txt change to "silverpin forest" it reset instances.

though i only know abit vb6 and "addon studio for wow" use vb 2008, so im trying to learn the commands for it, but since im used to vb6 its a little hard.
but as far as i understand, this should be possible?
01-06-09, 01:33 PM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
If you are looking for some documentation:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Category:HOWTOs
01-06-09, 01:46 PM   #6
gvappi
A Murloc Raider
:)

thanks mate, will look into it, and see if there is something usefull

_o_
01-06-09, 02:56 PM   #7
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Just putting it out there, perhaps you might like it
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...LootReset.html
01-06-09, 03:06 PM   #8
gvappi
A Murloc Raider
:)

Originally Posted by WaldoJeffers View Post
Just putting it out there, perhaps you might like it
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...LootReset.html
Ill check it out

and if someone want to have a look at what im asking for, here is a picture explaning the best i could -.-"

01-06-09, 09:25 PM   #9
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by gvappi View Post
however the only thing i really need is for it to resetinstances for me, which would speedup my farming alot.
what you mean alot its like <3secs to reset a instance and thats assuming everyone leaves then instance when you do.
01-06-09, 09:42 PM   #10
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
what you mean alot its like <3secs to reset a instance and thats assuming everyone leaves then instance when you do.
It also takes about 3 seconds to type /combatlog every time you join a raid, yet there are addons that do this for you as well.

What is the point of criticizing him for wanting an addon to do this? It makes his life easier. Is that not the point of addons? Seriously, next time you want to post, think about whether or not it's a helpful thing to say. If the answer is no, reconsider it before you hit the "submit" button.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
01-06-09, 10:09 PM   #11
Akryn
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
What is the point of criticizing him for wanting an addon to do this?
this is true, although i think the "please make it ace2" part could be legitimately criticized :P

anyway, this addon would be trivially easy to write. if i still had an active account, i would've written it for you in about 20-30 lines (minus the gui which i think would be better done with /commands for this one). so, since you already have some scripting experience, and don't mind looking through the wowwiki howto's etc., you shouldn't have much trouble making it for yourself.
01-07-09, 08:26 AM   #12
gvappi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Akryn View Post
this is true, although i think the "please make it ace2" part could be legitimately criticized :P

anyway, this addon would be trivially easy to write. if i still had an active account, i would've written it for you in about 20-30 lines (minus the gui which i think would be better done with /commands for this one). so, since you already have some scripting experience, and don't mind looking through the wowwiki howto's etc., you shouldn't have much trouble making it for yourself.
no one said "please make it ace2"
i said "it would be weary mutch apriciated, and if possible, use ace2 lib."
cause if u need to use a lib, ace2 would be prefered since all other addons i use is "ace2" or standalone.
so to save some memory, not having to add more addon libs, like: sea, earth etc..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] addon