12-30-08, 05:54 PM   #1
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Addon Studio

I've been browsing around for to make coding for noobs (yes, me) a little easier and less time consuming. I tried Addon Studio awhile back (before I had any understanding of what went into making an addon, but as far as I can tell from reading the official page, it looks outdated.

I'm looking for an up to date -useful- tool to create unit frames (modify, in truth), with decent editing back up and file management. If anyone knows Addon Studio to still be relatively bug free and /or another any others that are up to date that can serve my purpose, I'd be happy as a frog in mud.

/Thanks.
~Yhor
12-30-08, 06:11 PM   #2
joeba18
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I've been browsing around for to make coding for noobs (yes, me) a little easier and less time consuming. I tried Addon Studio awhile back (before I had any understanding of what went into making an addon, but as far as I can tell from reading the official page, it looks outdated.

I'm looking for an up to date -useful- tool to create unit frames (modify, in truth), with decent editing back up and file management. If anyone knows Addon Studio to still be relatively bug free and /or another any others that are up to date that can serve my purpose, I'd be happy as a frog in mud.

/Thanks.
~Yhor
At this time there are no up to date visual editor's.
Addon studio still can be used but there is much work you have to do to get it in working order and at that some things still have to be edited manually.
12-30-08, 06:54 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks, I grabbed it and it does okay for some little things, but throws errors when API comes into question (as far as I can tell, I'm a newb lol). I'll play around with it and see what I can do and edit what I have to. It might still save me some time if the edits aren't bogging me down too much. Thanks again for the response .
01-16-09, 07:17 PM   #4
Davnel
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
theres a trick to get the xml visual editor back up and running, but at this time its not really worth the effort imo, as it tends to undo most of my work when its loaded >.< Otherwise I like the software

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addon Studio